COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Mornington Crescent is nothing to do with the Beatles, I promise :D
OK. Here goes.

There is a comedy quiz show on BBC radio called "I'm sorry I haven't a clue" that has been running for decades.

One of the rounds is called Mornington Crescent.

If you look at a map of the London Underground, Mornington Crescent is a station on the Northern Line near Euston.

The "rules" of this game are that you name stations on the underground with the aim of ending up at Mornington Crescent... except the "rules" are so vague as to be non-existent and anyone not in on the joke has absolutely no idea as to what is going on.

Odd variations to the "rules" are introduced to each game which the participants use to maximum comedic effect. You just have to assume that you will have no idea what's going on apart from it being funny and they'll finish at Mornington Crescent.

The random words appearing over the last 24 hours reminded me very much of this game.

Here's Wikipedia's attempt to explain
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mornington_Crescent_(game

DE42

No it doesn't work like that :rolleyes: He just has a long celebration... And wifey gets longer :D

It undoubtedly involves cheese... and wine ... And maybe a potato ;)
I know it works like that for wifey women don't age anyways lol. But I'm skeptical of Adam. I think he uses his TARDIS on his birthday and spends 2 years other places and thus celebrates 3 birthdays here. His lack of ageing appearance could be explained by timelord dna. ........ I need a blood sample to test this hypothesis.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello everyone in the CDR!
It's my daughter's birthday today. I am baking a German chocolate cake completely from scratch for her! Hope my frosting turns out right. I'll share some pics once it's done.
Yes, please, we'll all want a piece! :D
Good luck with your frosting and wish your daughter a very magical birthday from The Cold Dark Room. :):<3:

DE42

Also he retired at such a young age. Maybe he did not! Maybe he worked 3 times as long and retired.

And he knows so much about fossils!!! Is it because he has went back in time and seen them for himself!!!!

And this room. It seems much bigger on the inside. .... Maybe this is a TARDIS too!!!

Maybe ..... Maybe ..... Maybe..... I need to sit down lol. [emoji43][emoji43][emoji43]

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Good evening all. Sorry for my absence today. It ended up rather busier than expected.

I started the day with my planned exercise class with my physiotherapist... It hurt.. a lot. But I am improving, so I mustn't complain too much.

The "oil change required" light came on and my car makes annoying noises every time I start it. Double annoying as it was serviced only last month. Imrang the garage and it seems that Ford can't turn the notification off until it appears and it hadn't appeared on the service date, so I ended up taking my car back to the garage to get it reset.

And then I met my friend for coffee... except I nearly forgot :redface: ... luckily I wasn't too late.

Now I am watching France v Italy rugby on tv. France aren't winning by as much as they should be at half time and I am supporting underdogs Italy.
Good evening, Linda. :)
Bus day again. No postcards? ;)
Actually, wifey lived on Mornington Crescent.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
The whole world knew the Beatles.... mostly ...
Shame ! Minus points for you !:D:D:D
I do know the Beatles.
On a trip to London with my parents when i was a tiny tot, they bought me a toy Yellow Submarine that had hatches the Beatles popped out of and everything. So i sang "Yellow Submarine" on the train. All the way home. Which took hours. My parents never spoke to me again. So I don't sing the song anymore.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good evening, Linda. :)
Bus day again. No postcards? ;)
Actually, wifey lived on Mornington Crescent.

Believe me. Haynes Ford in Maidstone is not worthy of postcards.

Might get one tomorrow. We’re back in London :D

I do have photos of a magpie trying to get seed from my bird feeders. I took it through the kitchen window on my phone, so they’re not very good. The feeders are intended for much smaller birds than magpies!
IMG_6521.jpg
IMG_6519.jpg

Bee62

Germany
I do know the Beatles.
On a trip to London with my parents when i was a tiny tot, they bought me a toy Yellow Submarine that had hatches the Beatles popped out of and everything. So i sang "Yellow Submarine" on the train. All the way home. Which took hours. My parents never spoke to me again. So I don't sing the song anymore.
Sorry, I don`t want to remind you on bad memories.
Do you accept my appologize ?

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I know it works like that for wifey women don't age anyways lol. But I'm skeptical of Adam. I think he uses his TARDIS on his birthday and spends 2 years other places and thus celebrates 3 birthdays here. His lack of ageing appearance could be explained by timelord dna. ........ I need a blood sample to test this hypothesis.
I will send my Bat avatar to bring you some blood. It will probably be mine.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Also he retired at such a young age. Maybe he did not! Maybe he worked 3 times as long and retired.

And he knows so much about fossils!!! Is it because he has went back in time and seen them for himself!!!!

And this room. It seems much bigger on the inside. .... Maybe this is a TARDIS too!!!

Maybe ..... Maybe ..... Maybe..... I need to sit down lol. [emoji43][emoji43][emoji43]
Mostly right.
POINTS ! ! ! !:D