COLD DARK ROOM

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Believe me. Haynes Ford in Maidstone is not worthy of postcards.

Might get one tomorrow. We’re back in London :D

I do have photos of a magpie trying to get seed from my bird feeders. I took it through the kitchen window on my phone, so they’re not very good. The feeders are intended for much smaller birds than magpies!
View attachment 231379
View attachment 231380
One for sorrow! :(

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
OK. Here goes.

There is a comedy quiz show on BBC radio called "I'm sorry I haven't a clue" that has been running for decades.

One of the rounds is called Mornington Crescent.

If you look at a map of the London Underground, Mornington Crescent is a station on the Northern Line near Euston.

The "rules" of this game are that you name stations on the underground with the aim of ending up at Mornington Crescent... except the "rules" are so vague as to be non-existent and anyone not in on the joke has absolutely no idea as to what is going on.

Odd variations to the "rules" are introduced to each game which the participants use to maximum comedic effect. You just have to assume that you will have no idea what's going on apart from it being funny and they'll finish at Mornington Crescent.

The random words appearing over the last 24 hours reminded me very much of this game.

Here's Wikipedia's attempt to explain
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mornington_Crescent_(game
I would not last a second.