COLD DARK ROOM

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
Every day. o_O I bet shopkeepers/cashiers at the supermarket know you as the Lettuce Lady :p
Does it get better in summer when weeds finally grow?
Oh yes, I hope so. Then they get a lot of fresh leafs, blossoms, dandelions and gras. But the cold weather is not right to let these yummy things grow.
Lettuce Lady ? That`s funny. I am the crazy cat lady , the lettuce lady and ....... so much more !
I know I am crazy and I like it !:D:D:D

Bee62

Germany
5a9de38c94d840d275c3e55463c21ebb.jpg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good evening roommates, today I got the result of the blood work from my cat Monty.
All parameters are well, that means, liver, kidneys and the thyroid are working well but there is another problem I had feared. The brother of Monty died with only 2 years because of this desease
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feline_infectious_peritonitis

I always feared and know that Monty is a carrier for this virus too and some day it might break out. It seems that the day X has come.
Losing weight is a bad sign.
Nobody can say how long Monty has to live. It makes me sad losing one cat or dog after another, but that is life, I know, but knowing makes it not easier.

Sorry to hear

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Developments in the nest box might be problematic. A bumblebee has been checking it out at length this afternoon.

Bumblebees are protected, but this is a seriously bad location for one to nest. It’s too close to the house and I am allergic to their stings :(
View attachment 233936

Bad bumblebee! Go find a bee house!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
And if you use smoke to put it to sleep and then kill it? Although the birds will probably not go back in there if you use smoke. Hmmmm I really hope it decides it does not like the nest box and goes somewhere else.
That's illegal. They're protected here. I can't disturb a birds nest or kill bees.

Welll, you can kill bees under special circumstances, but it's not straightforward. :(

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Noo. not killing a bumble bee ! They are protected and very friendly. I love them.
@JoesMum When you use a little bit of perfum or deo on the hole where they get in the bumblebee will not return. They can smell the perfum and stay away. I think birds don`t have a good smell. The bird will be not irritated from the smell.
That's worth noting. I'll get outside with some in the morning