COLD DARK ROOM

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
Mr Van Dyke’s fake Cockney English accent in Mary Poppins is widely derided in the UK. It is awful! [emoji23]

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious is the least of the problems!

I read Mr. Van Dyke’s autobiography. He said that doing a foreign accent was a huge struggle for him and he knows was he did it very badly. After Mary Poppins, he refused to ever try to do accents when he performed!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Developments in the nest box might be problematic. A bumblebee has been checking it out at length this afternoon.

Bumblebees are protected, but this is a seriously bad location for one to nest. It’s too close to the house and I am allergic to their stings :(
View attachment 233936
Oopsie. Maybe the birds will eat it?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, the 100,000th post prizes are at the Post Office! Let's see how long it takes them to be delivered. No tracking numbers, because I opted for the least expensive shipping method. Maybe when Adam gets his it will cause him to drop in. Let's hope.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Developments in the nest box might be problematic. A bumblebee has been checking it out at length this afternoon.

Bumblebees are protected, but this is a seriously bad location for one to nest. It’s too close to the house and I am allergic to their stings :(
View attachment 233936
I love those big black and yellow bumble bees.

Hopefully this guy will find the door and make his way out.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario

View attachment 233936

Yikes. Anything within the limits of law that could make it change its mind? :(

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Well, the 100,000th post prizes are at the Post Office! Let's see how long it takes them to be delivered. No tracking numbers, because I opted for the least expensive shipping method. Maybe when Adam gets his it will cause him to drop in. Let's hope.

Thank you, Yvonne! Let’s hope indeed. :)

Bee62

Germany
And if you use smoke to put it to sleep and then kill it? Although the birds will probably not go back in there if you use smoke. Hmmmm I really hope it decides it does not like the nest box and goes somewhere else.
Noo. not killing a bumble bee ! They are protected and very friendly. I love them.
@JoesMum When you use a little bit of perfum or deo on the hole where they get in the bumblebee will not return. They can smell the perfum and stay away. I think birds don`t have a good smell. The bird will be not irritated from the smell.

Last edited:

Bee62

Germany
99cf8b326da63b4607481d1ddfb96e90.jpg