COLD DARK ROOM

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ottawa, Ontario
A quick note about my thoughts on Adam and his absence.
It seems to me that when Adam is active on the forum, he pours his heart and soul into EVERY post. And that's not just the CDR- that's giving support and advice to people with tortoise questions on other threads.
And in the CDR he reads EVERY.SINGLE.POST., and responds to many. That is a MASSIVE commitment of time, energy and heart. It really is like a full time job but with much more heartfelt connection.
It is BECAUSE of his immersion in the CDR that it has become what it has. The people who resonate with his thoughts, feelings and style come and stay, and make it such a wonderful place.

When anyone, not just Adam, puts that kind of energy into something, then other parts of your life get left aside. And sooner or later you get a bit burnt out.
He takes breaks, as well he should. It doesn't mean he doesn't care. It just means he needs to pull away and reset.
Of course we miss him.
But he'll be back when the time is right for him. I hope it's before September (his birthdays month) but it will be what he needs. And we want him back as Our Adam: not as someone laboring under the burden of obligation, but as someone participating with joy.

So we carry on (in more ways than one!!! :p) and enjoy this lovely little world that is the CDR.

love and hugs to all, Bea/ Mooz
Nicely put, Bea! What Adam does really requires massive commitment of the time and mind. Thank you for putting this into words so clearly. :<3:

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
And now I must disappear for a short while. Easter eggs don’t buy themselves... and my children are still not too old for a treat from Mum :D

(And JoesDad is starting to sulk that I haven’t bought him one either :D )
LOL. What's your family's choice -- Chocolate eggs? Kinder eggs? :D

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
We still miss him though. But Yes, a person does need a break every now and then. BBBUUUUUTTTT........I feel very sorry for Adam, because he is going to have a serious amount of catching up to do. (Even though he is very good at catching up.)

What do you reckon? 150k posts by September?! ;) [emoji1]

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Can you please translate Beas word for me ?:D:D:D
My translater don`t know it.:D
It is maybe this :
9d3ad96a281a3af6cb5139d292bcd942.jpg

This clip explains!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Can you please translate Beas word for me ?:D:D:D
My translater don`t know it.:D
It is maybe this :
9d3ad96a281a3af6cb5139d292bcd942.jpg

It’s from a song in the Disney movie Mary Poppins!!!! Great fun movie!
I love Julie Andrews and **** Van Dyke.[emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji106][emoji2]

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
The best way to explain it is if you watch - The sound of music. It is an old film and that is where the word comes from.

No! Wrong Julie Andrews film.

It’s from Mary Poppins :D

Originally the story was a book by PL Travers

It’s from a song in the Disney movie Mary Poppins!!!! Great fun movie!
I love Julie Andrews and **** Van Dyke.[emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji106][emoji2]

Right: Can’t be the Sound of Music because they actually speak English there. :p
Or was it German? :confused:

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Right: Can’t be the Sound of Music because they actually speak English there. :p
Or was it German? :confused:

Mr Van Dyke’s fake Cockney English accent in Mary Poppins is widely derided in the UK. It is awful! [emoji23]

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious is the least of the problems!