COLD DARK ROOM

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Well right now I hate life and been depressed the last couple of days. But I'll be fine.
I'm in Nashville for my appointment at the hospital here.
My grand daughter in New Jersey also suffers from depression, and added to that, she's agoraphobic and has anxiety.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi there everyone! Now things have settled down with my house and I finally have a landline a reliable laptop (have my nephew's on indefinite loan) and internet connection sorted, thought I'd just say hello on this fine UK bank holiday. I'm still alive and kicking and hope you are all well and that your torts are thriving. This is a banned website in work so haven't even been able to access the forum there - but we can use facebook - very strange, although I have occasionally had a quick peek in the CDR when I've popped to my sisters but couldn't log in and hog their pc. I've missed popping in but hopefully normal service should soon be resumed.
I see you are still on your travels, @JoesMum Hope to catch up with you and everyone else all soon.
TTFN.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi there everyone! Now things have settled down with my house and I finally have a landline a reliable laptop (have my nephew's on indefinite loan) and internet connection sorted, thought I'd just say hello on this fine UK bank holiday. I'm still alive and kicking and hope you are all well and that your torts are thriving. This is a banned website in work so haven't even been able to access the forum there - but we can use facebook - very strange, although I have occasionally had a quick peek in the CDR when I've popped to my sisters but couldn't log in and hog their pc. I've missed popping in but hopefully normal service should soon be resumed.
I see you are still on your travels, @JoesMum Hope to catch up with you and everyone else all soon.
TTFN.
Wow! Welcome back!!! Hope to continue talking to you.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
TTFN.
HELLO LYN! [emoji322]Woohoo!

You just made my day by showing up! So glad to see you in the CDR! We have really missed you and Lola... How is he?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Well right now I hate life and been depressed the last couple of days. But I'll be fine.
I'm in Nashville for my appointment at the hospital here.

Sorry to hear the depression is getting the better of you :(

It’s an evil :censored: illness. Look after yourself. Big electronic hugs too! x

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
HELLO LYN! [emoji322]Woohoo!

You just made my day by showing up! So glad to see you in the CDR! We have really missed you and Lola... How is he?
Hi Linda, thank you - that's very nice of you to say. I've missed everyone and all the little chats in here.
Lola has me a bit concerned at the moment as this last week he has been off his food even the dandies and plantains he was tucking into the week before. He's also not very keen to come out of his hide in the mornings and just wants to get back in there as soon as he can. Somethings not right so I am hoping to have an appointment with a reptile vet tomorrow wherever I can (Origin Vets - they hold clinics at other vets throughout South Wales) I am hoping it's nothing serious, but its hard not to worry.

DE42

Sorry to hear the depression is getting the better of you :(

It’s an evil :censored: illness. Look after yourself. Big electronic hugs too! x
Thanks. This was supposed to be like a mini vacation we went on. Come out a day early and do stuff in Nashville before the appointment today. It was a 5hr drive just to get here after all. But because of this I did not want to do anything and have been miserable. We went a few places walking around but it would just make me feel worse. Then I feel worse because Nan wanted to go out and have a good time with me.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hi Linda, thank you - that's very nice of you to say. I've missed everyone and all the little chats in here.
Lola has me a bit concerned at the moment as this last week he has been off his food even the dandies and plantains he was tucking into the week before. He's also not very keen to come out of his hide in the mornings and just wants to get back in there as soon as he can. Somethings not right so I am hoping to have an appointment with a reptile vet tomorrow wherever I can (Origin Vets - they hold clinics at other vets throughout South Wales) I am hoping it's nothing serious, but its hard not to worry.
Oh dear. Lola has always had agoraphobic tendancies, but it is unusual for him to be off his food. :(

The recent weather should be having him on top form. I hope the vet can sort things out.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Hi, today was a wonderful day.
I drove my old car and had no problems with it. This car is 41 years old.

@ZEROPILOT I know you love old Opel cars.
View attachment 237844

View attachment 237845

View attachment 237846
Nice, Sabine.
And congratulations.
My classic car still has a few issues and I've still been keeping it near home.
I kind of started by trying to fix everything at once....And have fallen behind schedule.
But, it IS RUNNING and I've put about 20 miles on it so far.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Thanks. This was supposed to be like a mini vacation we went on. Come out a day early and do stuff in Nashville before the appointment today. It was a 5hr drive just to get here after all. But because of this I did not want to do anything and have been miserable. We went a few places walking around but it would just make me feel worse. Then I feel worse because Nan wanted to go out and have a good time with me.
Nan would want you to go out and enjoy yourself. Wherever she is now, she is probably kicking herself for not being able to do it with you... but she definitely wouldn't want you to stop enjoying things because she can't be there in person. She will be with you in spirit when you are having fum; remember that. :) Big hug again.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Oh dear. Lola has always had agoraphobic tendancies, but it is unusual for him to be off his food. :(

The recent weather should be having him on top form. I hope the vet can sort things out.
Yes although he slows down in the winter, he usually picks up by now and was quite active the week before last but something has upset him. He is still quite agoraphobic and will only stay out for short spells and not very interested in basking under his mvb either. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Nice, Sabine.
And congratulations.
My classic car still has a few issues and I've still been keeping it near home.
I kind of started by trying to fix everything at once....And have fallen behind schedule.
But, it IS RUNNING and I've put about 20 miles on it so far.
Hi Ed how the devil are you?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Have you been awol too Ed?
It's lovely not to see you too!
How are all the torts?
Down to just one now...Oh, yeah, two.
Down to two as far as I can find.
They became too much to handle in my frail old age.
(I'm 53)