COLD DARK ROOM

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ottawa, Ontario
Thanks everyone. I would have liked your all's post but for some reason it won't let me :(

Anyway. We are on our way back. About 4 hours away from home. The procedures went well. They found inflammation all through my system and ulcerations all the way through. They are starting me on two autoimmune drugs. But one has to be pre-approved by insurance so that one has to wait on them. It's $26,000 a vile! [emoji33][emoji33][emoji43] Luckily I don't have to pay that. insurance will and what they don't get I have another medical card to help with.
The other drug has to be monitored close are requires blood work to be done between doses so I will have to put it off until my vacation is about over to start. Unfortunately that means my legs and stuff will continue getting worse until then.
Meds are so expensive in the US... :eek: Glad you have it covered.

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Thanks everyone. I would have liked your all's post but for some reason it won't let me :(

Anyway. We are on our way back. About 4 hours away from home. The procedures went well. They found inflammation all through my system and ulcerations all the way through. They are starting me on two autoimmune drugs. But one has to be pre-approved by insurance so that one has to wait on them. It's $26,000 a vile! [emoji33][emoji33][emoji43] Luckily I don't have to pay that. insurance will and what they don't get I have another medical card to help with.
The other drug has to be monitored close are requires blood work to be done between doses so I will have to put it off until my vacation is about over to start. Unfortunately that means my legs and stuff will continue getting worse until then.
Oh no. Shame. That is not good. I hope at least that the insurance comes back quickly and approves it.