COLD DARK ROOM

Bambam1989

Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
Spider plants and succulents like Christmas Cacti are pretty tolerant and not so spikey
I offered to let her have her choice of some of my plants, spider plant, Christmas cactus, Jade plant, a prayer plant, my small aloe vera...
Perhaps a vine? Pothos and wandering Jew have pretty leaves maybe the store will have something like that and she will like it.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Evening all, gosh you've all been busy!
I've not had a chance to catch up yet and may not be able to this evening as just finishing off my reports.
I should have started the last of them a while ago but been chopping a bit off my weigela shrub/tree.
My nasty neighbour asked me if I would do something about the height because some of their garden is in the shade from it.
The funny thing is, they have had a 6 foot fence up for the last 15 years and just bought an enormous hanging umbrella which they have positioned behind my tree!:confused:
The shade from my tree is obviously not as good as the shade from their umbrella!:)
Or maybe they don't like their umbrella being in the shade:D
Anyway I said I would take some off as soon as it finished flowering because the bees love it ,when I usually do cut it back, but made a start on it so they can't say I've ignored them.
Well I'd better get back to work for a while - hope everyone is well and will not see you later.
Roll on the weekend!!!!!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
So I've been having some issues at my job and for a long time have not been happy there and today I QUIT, and it felt great! It was in a pretty grand fashion too. Kind of like the movies where someone's walking away and there's a huge explosion, and their too cool to look back . :cool: Hope everyone here is having a great day, and finds some serious satisfaction in something, like I did lol

Bambam1989

East Texas
So I've been having some issues at my job and for a long time have not been happy there and today I QUIT, and it felt great! It was in a pretty grand fashion too. Kind of like the movies where someone's walking away and there's a huge explosion, and their too cool to look back . :cool: Hope everyone here is having a great day, and finds some serious satisfaction in something, like I did lol
Well congratulations!
My husband would love to quit his job[emoji57]
Now you get the fun of looking for a new job.

Well it's time to go get my daughter from school. Chat later yall!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Good for you! (but maybe not so good for your bank account)

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Wow.....!

Bambam1989

East Texas
Back from shopping. Daughter needed some new summer clothes and I needed pots.. apparently so did everyone else.
There were NO suitable pots for my semi-hydro project! Sooo I improvised
My lovely orchids will be planted in clear SOLO cups, the largest gets the privilege of going in a clear plastic candy jar! Oh yeah, I'm fancy.
When I say orchids by the way- I mean I bought two more that were on sale... Oh somebody needs to stop me.
My daughter got to pick out one of the orchids, another mini phalaenopsis. And I'll let her keep it in her room although I will care for it.
She did pick out a plant of her own though. She chose a "pink star cryptanthus" it is completely covered in little pups and she was very excited about getting to propagate them later on.
I'll get some pics posted in a few.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

I had a one of those moments a few years back. I was so angry at the way I’d been treated.

My departure wasn’t quite so explosive though. I went home furious, wrote my resignation and went back to work and posted it through the letterbox.

It was a Thursday, I was part time and wasn’t due back in until the following Tuesday. I was contractually obliged to give 1 month notice, but this was a fortnight before the Christmas holiday and my notice was finished before the new term in January. I think I only had to work 4 actual days to be free of the place. Best thing I ever did.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning all.

I have woken to the somewhat surprising news that my niece (6 months younger than daughter) has got married in Boston, MA where she and her Dad have been at a conference for the week.

My daughter spotted it on Facebook as she is friends online with Niece.

Niece’s ‘boyfriend’, who I have met, is nearer my age than hers and they weren’t engaged before they went out. I am not sure that my sister, her Mum, even knows as she’s been on holiday in the UK this week.

The fallout from this one could be ‘interesting’ to say the least.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Evening all, gosh you've all been busy!
I've not had a chance to catch up yet and may not be able to this evening as just finishing off my reports.
I should have started the last of them a while ago but been chopping a bit off my weigela shrub/tree.
My nasty neighbour asked me if I would do something about the height because some of their garden is in the shade from it.
The funny thing is, they have had a 6 foot fence up for the last 15 years and just bought an enormous hanging umbrella which they have positioned behind my tree!:confused:
The shade from my tree is obviously not as good as the shade from their umbrella!:)
Or maybe they don't like their umbrella being in the shade:D
Anyway I said I would take some off as soon as it finished flowering because the bees love it ,when I usually do cut it back, but made a start on it so they can't say I've ignored them.
Well I'd better get back to work for a while - hope everyone is well and will not see you later.
Roll on the weekend!!!!!
Good luck with your chopping. Sounds to me like you have nasty neighbours.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Oh dear. That sounds really satisfying and scary at the same time. I hope you can find another job soon.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Back from shopping. Daughter needed some new summer clothes and I needed pots.. apparently so did everyone else.
There were NO suitable pots for my semi-hydro project! Sooo I improvised
My lovely orchids will be planted in clear SOLO cups, the largest gets the privilege of going in a clear plastic candy jar! Oh yeah, I'm fancy.
When I say orchids by the way- I mean I bought two more that were on sale... Oh somebody needs to stop me.
My daughter got to pick out one of the orchids, another mini phalaenopsis. And I'll let her keep it in her room although I will care for it.
She did pick out a plant of her own though. She chose a "pink star cryptanthus" it is completely covered in little pups and she was very excited about getting to propagate them later on.
I'll get some pics posted in a few.
Sounds like it was a good shopping trip.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning all.

I have woken to the somewhat surprising news that my niece (6 months younger than daughter) has got married in Boston, MA where she and her Dad have been at a conference for the week.

My daughter spotted it on Facebook as she is friends online with Niece.

Niece’s ‘boyfriend’, who I have met, is nearer my age than hers and they weren’t engaged before they went out. I am not sure that my sister, her Mum, even knows as she’s been on holiday in the UK this week.

The fallout from this one could be ‘interesting’ to say the least.
Oh boy. You can say that again.