COLD DARK ROOM

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ottawa, Ontario
What torts do you all have?
I myself have a 7 year old Hermanns (male) named Merlin.:tort::tort::tort::tort:

Nice to meet you both, James and Merlin!
I had two Greeks (in separate enclosures) for about a year, but this was in Turkey and I had to leave them behind with an acquaintance when I couldn’t get the CITES certificate to bring them with me to (currently) Denmark. But I still have the bug and can’t help checking out the weeds in local parks. [emoji85][emoji16]
I’m Lena, by the way.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
The kids did the 17 miles/27km round trip in 9 hours. Here are a couple of their Trolltunga postcards because I can’t see me doing a 9 hour hike up a mountain!
View attachment 242288
View attachment 242289

My consultant tells me I have a frozen shoulder and it’s most common in women in their 50s especially if they have history of diabetes or thyroid problems. Aged 54 having had gestational diabetes and Graves Disease (over-active thyroid)... I tick a lot of boxes!

So I have 3 options, one of which is do nothing and it might fix itself in 2-3 years, and a conversation to have with JoesDad after the England match. I’ll let you know what I decide.
Wow beautiful photos. And oh dear. Good luck with your discussion it won't be an easy decision to make.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hot hot day forecast for the entire MD DC VA area, so we got up early and went crabbing. The Blue Crabs aren’t quite up into this part of Maryland (yet). Why? Ask a few folks... too cold, too rainy, too much rain in the Bay decreases salinity, the full moon, the currents.... you get the idea. Bottom line, not much activity yet... We caught one really large one...it will be steamed and eaten up with fresh salad.

But, who can say we didn’t have a nice morning, relaxing early sunshine, before the heat wave....

4820AA19-D072-41A2-9782-1ACCE1119E11.jpeg

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hot hot day forecast for the entire MD DC VA area, so we got up early and went crabbing. The Blue Crabs aren’t quite up into this part of Maryland (yet). Why? Ask a few folks... too cold, too rainy, too much rain in the Bay decreases salinity, the full moon, the currents.... you get the idea. Bottom line, not much activity yet... We caught one really large one...it will be steamed and eaten up with fresh salad.

But, who can say we didn’t have a nice morning, relaxing early sunshine, before the heat wave....

View attachment 242311
Looks lovely. I think i want to move there.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
What torts do you all have?
I myself have a 7 year old Hermanns (male) named Merlin.:tort::tort::tort::tort:

I have a 10 year old female Eastern Herman’s named Elsa Elizabeth.
I also have a female eastern mud turtle named Jacques.[emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Ok. HOT and HUMID here today. Our Sully is loving it. Sully has been out grazing, wandering, drinking, bsthing, basking, and more.... it’s just so hot and humid!

I uploaded a few additional photos under the Sulcata thread that I have been keepin since Sully arrived..

Here’s one of the pix...

BDAEA732-603D-4F8C-B5F6-1DDD4923EB65.jpeg