COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Hope the spider doesn’t decide to wrap them again — I’m just done opening them! :D
And what would be wrong with that. The best part about presents are the opening of them. You will get to enjoy the joy and surprise of finding out what is in inside all over again. Did your daughter get lots of nice presents and did she enjoy her birthday party? Hope you took some nice postcards for us.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good Mornooning Everyone.

I hope all the Dad's had an awesome Father's day yesterday. Today has been cold and wet again, which is fantastic. Other than that I am actually don't have anything else to say today. No wonder it is raining here.:D:D

Got lots of work to do today and will be checking in every now and then. Enjoy your Mondays.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good happy monday morning all...

Was out on the water again most of yesterday so i have some catching up to do.... i did see the cute hedgehog pix!

Here’s where we stopped for lunch and to cool off. Temps were in the high 90’s with equal humidity. Same forecast for today..

View attachment 242276

Looks lovely. I am back from my meeting and grabbing some lunch before heading off for my shoulder appointment.

I must remember to refuel the car. I’m not that short, but where I am going fuel is considerably cheaper than it is here! (No idea why - it’s only 10 miles away)

Daughter and son were out hiking at 5.15am their time this morning. They were heading up the mountains to Trolltunga - a spectacular viewpoint which is a 27.5km (17 mile) round trip.

The outward leg took them 4h15 and they’re on the return journey

No pictures from them yet as they can text but have no data

Here’s a web link where you can see what they’ve been up to
https://www.visitnorway.com/places-...ion/listings-hardanger-fjord/trolltunga/8625/

Last edited:

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good happy monday morning all...

Was out on the water again most of yesterday so i have some catching up to do.... i did see the cute hedgehog pix!

Here’s where we stopped for lunch and to cool off. Temps were in the high 90’s with equal humidity. Same forecast for today..

View attachment 242276
You must be very fit.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Looks lovely. I am back from my meeting and grabbing some lunch before heading off for my shoulder appointment.

I must remember to refuel the car. I’m not that short, but where I am going fuel is considerably cheaper than it is here! (No idea why - it’s only 10 miles away)

Daughter and son were out hiking at 5.15am their time this morning. They were heading up the mountains to Trolltunga - a spectacular viewpoint which is a 27.5km (17 mile) round trip.

https://www.visitnorway.com/places-...ion/listings-hardanger-fjord/trolltunga/8625/
Good luck with your appointment. Let us know what they say.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hope everyone has enjoyed their fathers day!
Went to the fellow forum members house today, and it was very enjoyable. Gave her a few suggestions for her tort as well as lots of tort goodies. Came away with a goody myself, she gave me a cutting of her angel wings begonia! Hope to get to chat with her again.
And that's the start of a beautiful new friendship in the making.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Beautiful start to the day here in GA
Going to check on a new possible job today, and picking up my grandmother to take her shopping. (I call it driving Ms daisy!) Have a wonderful day friends

Attachments

• 20180618_080743.jpg
    20180618_080743.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 10

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
This bird is a Green Woodpecker. They actually spend more time in grassland eating ants than inn trees. They’re a less common visitor to our garden. We get the black and white, tree-dwelling Great Spotted Woodpecker regularly.
View attachment 242226

BEAUTIFUL! [emoji7]

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
And what would be wrong with that. The best part about presents are the opening of them. You will get to enjoy the joy and surprise of finding out what is in inside all over again. Did your daughter get lots of nice presents and did she enjoy her birthday party? Hope you took some nice postcards for us.

Postcards? Um. No.
:D I only took pictures of the kids and kept counting them.
IMG_089967.jpg

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario

Looks beautiful. Wouldn’t work well with my fear of heights. :D

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
The kids did the 17 miles/27km round trip in 9 hours. Here are a couple of their Trolltunga postcards because I can’t see me doing a 9 hour hike up a mountain!
IMG_7869.jpg
IMG_7870.jpg

My consultant tells me I have a frozen shoulder and it’s most common in women in their 50s especially if they have history of diabetes or thyroid problems. Aged 54 having had gestational diabetes and Graves Disease (over-active thyroid)... I tick a lot of boxes!

So I have 3 options, one of which is do nothing and it might fix itself in 2-3 years, and a conversation to have with JoesDad after the England match. I’ll let you know what I decide.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
What torts do you all have?
I myself have a 7 year old Hermanns (male) named Merlin.:tort::tort::tort::tort:
I no longer have a tortoise. My husband got his Greek, Joe, in 1970 and I got them both in 1982. Sadly, Joe got a tumour and had to be put to sleep last year after 47 years with us. We have no idea how old Joe was as he would have been a wild caught juvenile import to the UK in those pre-CITES years.