COLD DARK ROOM

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Just been out to check on my frogs (a second one has joined the first in my 'pond').
I've set up my wildlife camera again to watch them but it's mainly filming next doors cats:mad:.
Wish I knew how to get rid of them - the electronic cat deterrent doesn't seem to make any difference.
if we weren't short of water I'd get a motion detector water hose.
Apologies to cat lovers but I don't like them using my garden as a giant litter tray!!
I've heard that tossing moth balls around in the garden where the cats like to go makes them think twice about using that spot.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It’s been so dry, the little finches decided to check out our gutter this morning for drops of water and food..

View attachment 244895
Aw, how cute. don't you have a bird bath? I've got this one near my front porch:

bird bath.jpg

. . . but I have so many cats that there are never any birds down within cat range.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Aw, how cute. don't you have a bird bath? I've got this one near my front porch:

View attachment 244897

. . . but I have so many cats that there are never any birds down within cat range.

Yep...have a few around the garden. You know animals....birds...and reptiles - they all want something else.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning all.

Let me introduce you to Billy. Billy is a Pipistrelle bat staying with my daughter for a couple of nights while his regular carer is away. He hasn’t been well, but is on the road to recovery.
IMG_8007.jpg

His story currently sounds very like Lola... he’s trying it on! He needs to eat live mealworms, but will only eat them if you pull the head off first! And Daughter was also told that he wouldn’t fly, but as soon as he arrived he started flying round the room. Fortunately Daughter had closed both the window of the room and the door before feeding Billy!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Good morning all.

Let me introduce you to Billy. Billy is a Pipistrelle bat staying with my daughter for a couple of nights while his regular carer is away. He hasn’t been well, but is on the road to recovery.
View attachment 244976

His story currently sounds very like Lola... he’s trying it on! He needs to eat live mealworms, but will only eat them if you pull the head off first! And Daughter was also told that he wouldn’t fly, but as soon as he arrived he started flying round the room. Fortunately Daughter had closed both the window of the room and the door before feeding Billy!
Very cool! Im one of those people that finds animals other people think are creepy, cute.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hot here too. I work outside until about 11a then I come in and take a cooling shower and vegetate the rest of the day. For the next 7 days our over night temp is going to be 75F or above. When it doesn't cool off more than that at night you wake up to a HOT house!!! We're on our 14th consecutive day over 100f.
Eina, That must be very uncomfortable.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good evening all.

It’s been my quarterly governor standards panels today - 3 two hour panels and a 1 hour summative meeting - a very data heavy day.

I made a conscious effort to go out for a 15 minute brisk walk in each of the breaks between the meetings today and it really helped both my back and my concentration. :)

I got home to a riot on my Moderator forum so a thread has been closed, posts deleted and a few stern PMs sent [emoji849]

I hope you all had a good day. Hopefully mine will be less busy :D
Well done and doing so well with your back. Funny enough last week the osteopath and I were discussing going for a 15min walk ehenever my was sore - that was his recommendation btw.:)

It is sad when adults cannot behave like adults. But I do suppose when people feel strongly about something then the emotions take over and they forget how to behave in a civilised manner.:( Maybe they should start teaching anger management in schools so that people can actually start to practice it. They teach that you can't bully people and you cannot fight etc, BUT they don't teach you actually how to manage your anger when you get angry. It would be interesting to see if they taught that to toddlers and up everyday (making it a compulsory subject) if it would help people at all.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Evening all.
A bit cooler here today and thunderstorms are forecast for tomorrow so they should clear the air.
Hopefully no lightning strikes will cause fires.
The low reservoirs have finally hit the news with tips on how to save water.
Wonder if my neighbours will forfeit their pool (that comes out every year and takes up all their garden) or at least one of their washing machines (they have a second in their garden and are pumping the water into a soak away!)

I've heard a good tip - save water and bath (or shower) with a friend!!! ;)
He/She can bring their own loofah!
They gave that tip out here as well when the whole drought thing started. So I told my two boys that they should share a shower and their Dad and I would share a shower. They looked at me in horror. It was fun poking their leg.:D In fact I had fun with that message for days.:D:D

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Just been out to check on my frogs (a second one has joined the first in my 'pond').
I've set up my wildlife camera again to watch them but it's mainly filming next doors cats:mad:.
Wish I knew how to get rid of them - the electronic cat deterrent doesn't seem to make any difference.
if we weren't short of water I'd get a motion detector water hose.
Apologies to cat lovers but I don't like them using my garden as a giant litter tray!!
That is what you have dogs for. My dogs keep the neighbours cats away very nicely.