COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
The animal must be killed by having it's throat cut with a very sharp knife whilst appropriate prayers of thanks are made. The animal is then strung up so as much blood as possible can drain from the carcass. That's it in a nutshell, at least here.
A friend of mine is a British Muslim from Leeds. She came to Morocco and tasted her first ever McDonalds as thy're Halal here, but aren't in most of the UK so she'd never been able to have one. Travel to Morocco to have a burger!
Leeds United are playing their first game of the new football season this afternoon. We will both be watching with interest.
Thanks Adam.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !
Finally caught up !
I wish all my roommates a lovely, happy Sunday.
Today it is a little bit cooler outside ( 25 C ) and torts are out again. When it was so hot I kept them indoors. I have fear they could overheat in the sun. Now shelled big babies playing outside. Look:
Happy Tort happy Mom.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hi Carol, some stores here sell brussels on stalks - usually near Christmas time.
They look strange when we are used to seeing them already bagged up or in boxes to weigh our own.
I took a stem of them into school once to show the kids and they were amazed.
One lad even thought I had stuck them on the stem :)
- as if I have nothing better to do with my time.:rolleyes:
Lol. We never see them on the stalk. Hi Lyn.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good too thanks, not done much.
Spent yesterday with my sister, but not been out today - far too hot!!!
The temps are set to drop drastically by Weds though so I'll be happy.:)
Oh shame. I hope then that they do. The kids are back in the house today. And it was fun to see what it would be like to have the house to ourselves when they eventually move out. And it was a really chilled weekend. The best kind for me.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good evening all. We’re back from our travels and the kids are on their way to their homes.

It is sweltering here. We have unpacked and sorted out and are now trying to cool the house down!

I’m off to see Mum for a few days on Tuesday so there is much to organise!

Not see you later x