COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Sun is up here and it’s very pleasant out (for now). Low humidity and 70F. But, don’t worry, it’s supposed to get close to 90 again with evening thundershowers. There were severe winds and rain yesterday that blew down lots of large trees knocking power out. Touch wood - all was good here. /but no rain for the barrel/

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
So pretty. I heard on the radio on the way to work this morning about how spring is nearly here as the flowers on the west coast are starting to come out. Which actually gave me a little scare, as we don't have nearly enough water in our dams. ;) But if it means that our spring is coming soon, then your autumn is on it's way as well. So enjoy the little bit of summer you have left. It is not long to go now, and we will be swopping sides again as far as weather goes.
Hi Carol yes autumn is on its way to UK .
The trees have been shedding their leaves for a while because it has been so dry they obviously didn't have enough moisture to hang onto them longer.
I love Spring and Autumn!
Have a good day!

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Do they do the same to the neighbours on their other side? Maybe if they do and you can get the other neighbours to lay complaints with the police as well, it might help matters, as it will not only be you complaining.
They have fallen out with the other neighbours on their other side too - as well as several others - but they just give each other a wide berth. The other people don't have to share a lane access with them so they can easily avoid them, and they are quiet people who don't like to get speak out. I tell the other neighbours what's going on but never expect them to get involved unless they offer.
I get the brunt of it because I am an easy target - living alone and they know I don't make a fuss uness I really have so they have got away with quite a lot over the years.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Most ticks were harmless in Turkey. I had to pull dozens off our street dog and off my Elsa too. The ones she had were tiny (nymphs) and hard to grab, so she never forgave me for the pain I had to inflict on her. :(
Ticks are dangerous in Siberia, and resulted in a severe disability in my family a couple of generations ago.
There have been warnings in the UK about dogs picking them in long grass and becoming ill or worse.
They advised to always check your dog's fur after a walk.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Your kids are lucky to have education like that! In Turkey these days, they mostly cram for tests. :rolleyes:
Most main school children do the same, but most of our 'complex' children are exempt from the national tests.
Social skills and providing various experiences are very important.
They do follow the National Curriculum and even have to do Welsh and French :rolleyes: but it's adapted to their levels.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Make that a glass of red, followed by a long sleep, and that’s exactly what I did. Feeling much better now. 18 kids in one room can be so overwhelming! Teachers are superheroes.
I always think that every school should have a little darkened room with couches and a well stocked fridge for us instead of a staffroom.;)

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Good morning everyone. I was delighted to see that @Laura1412 and @DE42 popped in to the CDR in thr last 24 hours. I am sorry I missed you both.

As I write this, some sort of incident is unfolding outside the Houses of Parliament in London. The police are reacting as if it is terrorist related; fingers crossed that it isn't. Whatever, JoesDad and I are heading into the city ... to Westminster... this evening. Life goes regardless as usual.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45180120
Saw that on news.
The Westminster tube station is closed at the moment.
Go carefully but enjoy your evening.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Good morning all.
Caught up with you after several telephone interruptions last night.
The Housing Association have been in touch re NFH and are referring the matter to their Nuisance team.
I hope they go around next door and make a real nuisance of themselves. :D
They are also sending someone who deals with fencing and boundaries.
So hopefully that will be resolved too and they will not only put the fence back up but box them in completely!!!
Hope everyone is having a good day so far.
I'll not see you later
TTFN

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
They have fallen out with the other neighbours on their other side too - as well as several others - but they just give each other a wide berth. The other people don't have to share a lane access with them so they can easily avoid them, and they are quiet people who don't like to get speak out. I tell the other neighbours what's going on but never expect them to get involved unless they offer.
I get the brunt of it because I am an easy target - living alone and they know I don't make a fuss uness I really have so they have got away with quite a lot over the years.

Bullies.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good morning all.
The Housing Association have been in touch re NFH and are referring the matter to their Nuisance team.
So hopefully that will be resolved too and they will not only put the fence back up but box them in completely!!!
I'll not see you later
TTFN

Oh, this is promising! Yay for the Nuisance team! (Must look great on a CV...) :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Saw that on news.
The Westminster tube station is closed at the moment.
Go carefully but enjoy your evening.
Plans included going to the Queen's Jubilee Gallery in Westminster Abbey. As the Abbey is right next to the Houses of Parliament that has been closed all day. We have tickets for the Proms tonight at the Royal Albert Hall, so we are just going to that now. The orchestra is an Israeli-Palestinian collaboration... what could possibly going wrong?![emoji849][emoji23]

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning all.
I'll not see you later
TTFN
Oh, this is promising! Yay for the Nuisance team! (Must look great on a CV...) :)
Oh I agree. I hope the housing association is more effective. Ultimately they can turf nuisance tenants out which may focus the nasty neighbours somewhat

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning all.
I'll not see you later
TTFN

Congrats !!! I hope this one brings a resolution!!!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Neighbors brought me some new foster children last night. 3 brand new cat squirrels came down with a tree and one didn’t survive the fall. These two are critical and I don’t give them good odds but they at least have a chance. They had a good night in steady temps. They both ate well and peed n pood so you never know!!

Attachments

• IMG_8305.jpg
    IMG_8305.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15