COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
It is mine , Kathy. The house has been in my family for 60 years and the boundary is just a straight line between the two houses.
No I don't think they will ever move - that will probably have to be me
I do have some lovely neighbours but the ones next door are ferrel.
Do they do the same to the neighbours on their other side? Maybe if they do and you can get the other neighbours to lay complaints with the police as well, it might help matters, as it will not only be you complaining.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Ticks are a problem in parts of this country.

Son had to remove one today :(

They’re particularly bad in the area where Daughter lives and works and an occupational hazard of her career as an Ecologist. She carries a card to warn health professionals that she is at high risk and has to go for regular blood tests

Most ticks were harmless in Turkey. I had to pull dozens off our street dog and off my Elsa too. The ones she had were tiny (nymphs) and hard to grab, so she never forgave me for the pain I had to inflict on her. :(
Ticks are dangerous in Siberia, and resulted in a severe disability in my family a couple of generations ago.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Somebody's clearly beloved tortoise has just passed on a thread I've been reading.
Heat, poison, something else, we'll probably never know.
You go to work, come home and a tortoise you've had and loved for years is stone dead
Horrible.
Really hurts me. :(:mad:
I can only imagine what the poor owner feels like .

How awful :(

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
There's a cave we take the kids to for outdoor ed that has graffiti from the 1700s done in beautiful cursive handwriting.
It's the cave we see the lesser horseshoe bats in - I think I may have posted a pic of one a while ago.

Your kids are lucky to have education like that! In Turkey these days, they mostly cram for tests. :rolleyes:

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning everyone. I was delighted to see that @Laura1412 and @DE42 popped in to the CDR in thr last 24 hours. I am sorry I missed you both.

As I write this, some sort of incident is unfolding outside the Houses of Parliament in London. The police are reacting as if it is terrorist related; fingers crossed that it isn't. Whatever, JoesDad and I are heading into the city ... to Westminster... this evening. Life goes regardless as usual.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45180120

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
It's not bad work but certainly not something I love.

I've actually been thinking about it a lot and I'm considering a major career change into something I'm more passionate about. Though economically it may not be the best move.
I'd rather be poor and happy.
But not homeless and really miserable.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Good morning everyone. I was delighted to see that @Laura1412 and @DE42 popped in to the CDR in thr last 24 hours. I am sorry I missed you both.

As I write this, some sort of incident is unfolding outside the Houses of Parliament in London. The police are reacting as if it is terrorist related; fingers crossed that it isn't. Whatever, JoesDad and I are heading into the city ... to Westminster... this evening. Life goes regardless as usual.
Yes, read this on the BBC this morning.
Good luck with the traffic!
Good morning , Linda, hope you also have a Top Tuesday! :)

Laura1412

5 Year Member
Mansfield Nottinghamshire United kingdom

Good morning Linda hope u ok take care of urself going into London later :)