COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Ticks are bad here.. = Lyme disease. No tick. Tickless in Maryland.

Ticks are a problem in parts of this country.

Son had to remove one today :(

They’re particularly bad in the area where Daughter lives and works and an occupational hazard of her career as an Ecologist. She carries a card to warn health professionals that she is at high risk and has to go for regular blood tests

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Nice to not see you, Linda.:)
Only tea?:eek:

Yes. I was driving! And her kitchen is about to be ripped out so her house is a bomb site. Her daughter is a nurse and best buddies with my daughter since both girls were toddlers. I have handed over a key so friend’s daughter can sleep at our house when she’s on a night shift and the workmen make sleeping at her house impossible.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Somebody's clearly beloved tortoise has just passed on a thread I've been reading.
Heat, poison, something else, we'll probably never know.
You go to work, come home and a tortoise you've had and loved for years is stone dead
Horrible.
Really hurts me. :(:mad:
I can only imagine what the poor owner feels like .

Bambam1989

East Texas
Somebody's clearly beloved tortoise has just passed on a thread I've been reading.
Heat, poison, something else, we'll probably never know.
You go to work, come home and a tortoise you've had and loved for years is stone dead
Horrible.
Really hurts me. :(:mad:
I can only imagine what the poor owner feels like .
It's very tragic. I hope the vet is able to give some answers

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Great photos! :)
Looks like terrific fun.:D
But I don't much like the graffiti on the rocks. :(
There's a cave we take the kids to for outdoor ed that has graffiti from the 1700s done in beautiful cursive handwriting.
It's the cave we see the lesser horseshoe bats in - I think I may have posted a pic of one a while ago.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Wow.....terrible. They always say fences make good neighbors. In this case, I’m not sure.....
  • We had a bad neighbor for a few years. Conducting all kinds of illegal activities from his house (running a business, business deliveries to home, storage of commercial goods at residence, etc). After totslly documenting this via photos....we were able to get it in front of County officials who fined a few times. The guy eventually moved. But, it was a struggle for us.
It's terrible how bad neighbours can affect your life so much. :(

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
So, it’s Monday, daughter’s first day of school as Year 2. As you all very well know, I was very much looking forward to it. However, one of her classmates decided to have his birthday party after classes today. Still, it all could have been fine—if I didn’t volunteer to help his parents. I don’t know exactly know why I did it—must have been that whisky in my coffee early in the day on Sunday. :eek: So I was practically co-hosting a kid’s birthday party for 3.5 hours, and I got my hands full. As it turned out, the kids know me really well from previous trips with their teachers when I tagged along and previous parties—so if they needed a glass of water, or toilet, or dispute settlement, they came to me. I had two extra cups of coffee, and I’m wiped out. :rolleyes:
I recommend a bottle of white wine followed by a long sleep in a darkened room.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
hi Lyn sorry to read that ur tort is under weather it’s a horrid feelin I no all to well as Clyde ad ri before but he’s in the best hands possible to get him back up n running again ;)
Thanks Laura, the vet couldn't tell what was causing Lola's problem but we were able to rule out a few things.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
I hope your neighbors are wrong and it’s actually your property.

How stressful not to get along with neighbors.
Do you think they would ever move?
It is mine , Kathy. The house has been in my family for 60 years and the boundary is just a straight line between the two houses.
No I don't think they will ever move - that will probably have to be me
I do have some lovely neighbours but the ones next door are ferrel.