COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
SO true. Thanks, everyone, for helping me get through the week. Hopefully someone calls me next week with an interview offer... :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed and good luck. And if not next week.....chin up. Soon, the right new opportunity can pop up! Always be looking forward.

Bee62

Germany
Round of applause! :) Brilliant!

That’s today’s earworm sorted :D

Translation in case earworms don’t have the same name in Germany - An earworm is a tune that gets stuck in your head and you can’t stop singing or humming it for the rest of the day :D
I am glad that I have planted an earworm in your head. :)
Btw. in German the earmworm has the same meaning and is called: "Ohrwurm".
1:1 translation:D Language can be soooo easy ( sometimes ).:eek::D

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Can you imagine having 12 rotted teeth?
His breath smelled like a decaying fish. No joke!
Oh, I can imagine... Not the 12 rotted teeth part, but definitely what we call "death breath" from one of the cats. It's like he projects it when he's growling and hissing, not wanting to be messed with. (Most likely to occur when said cat needs to be pilled...) It's almost like a weapon, this death breath.

Of course, the wielder of this highly potent death breath would be the black cat named Anubis... :)

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good Morning/Afternoon all.

Up early this morning to soon depart for a drive to southern Maryland to kayak on Mattawoman Creek. It’s an interesting area, part of the creek meanders through a large boggy, marsh area complete with eagles, beaver, otters American Lotus and more....whereas the opposite end widens up, has a lot more waterfowl, eagles and eventually joins the mighty Potomac River. So, depending on the route one can really encounter a vast array of “stuff”.

The paddle plan (pix below) today is to head toward the Potomac - unless it’s way windy...the marshy area is much more protected.

0735B721-05FC-4C14-8B69-C7B2FFACFC6D.jpeg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Just for fun.....
The Shirelles, 1960, Will you still love me tomorrow

Here is my version:
Another Golden Oldie - not you Sabine - the song though I'm sure you will be a Golden Oldie too one day!!
A favourite song of mine, sung beautifully by you as always - thank you!

Last edited:

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good afternoon/morning all.
A very wet day here but thankfully the gales have gone for now.
We certainly had some rainfall the other night but it is good to see the rivers filling up again.
I have no special plans this weekend just enjoying some R&R time.
Hope you all have a good weekend whatever your plans.

Bee62

Germany
Good Morning/Afternoon all.

Up early this morning to soon depart for a drive to southern Maryland to kayak on Mattawoman Creek. It’s an interesting area, part of the creek meanders through a large boggy, marsh area complete with eagles, beaver, otters American Lotus and more....whereas the opposite end widens up, has a lot more waterfowl, eagles and eventually joins the mighty Potomac River. So, depending on the route one can really encounter a vast array of “stuff”.

The paddle plan (pix below) today is to head toward the Potomac - unless it’s way windy...the marshy area is much more protected.

View attachment 252175
Looking forward for a lot of pics !;)

Bee62

Germany
happy-birthday-adam-x0heb3.jpg

A very Happy Birthday for you, all best wishes, a lot of luck and cheese, the grace of wifey and some bottles of .....
That`s what I am wishing you for your new year of life.

Sabine, the ccLBee

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
A very late good morning to all of you and a very Happy Birthday to Adam @tidgysdad

Rain has finally reached us so it’s a lazy indoor Saturday... I’ve got a porkloin on the smoker and and a couple of good books. Read ya later!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good afternoon all. It’s been wet, wet, wet here in the south east today and it’s due to get wetter.

JoesDad and I have spent today in London. It’s the annual Open City weekend when around 800 buildings, both ancient and modern, that the public cannot normally visit are open free of charge.

This year we visited 5, so postcards will be split across more than one post.

Our opening visit was to the brand new Bloomberg building ... it even has a Roman temple in the basement which we visited last year. Designed to be eco friendly and base for their 4000 staff monitoring and reporting on the financial markets.

It is stunning!
IMG_8529.jpg
IMG_8519.jpg
IMG_8525.jpg

View of St Paul’s Cathedral
IMG_8517.jpg

View towards the Leadenhall Building aka the Cheese Grater due to its sloping side (see later)
IMG_8523.jpg