COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
Hey friends. This morning my father past away peacefully in my arms. Just want to say thanks for all the kind words and support over the past couple months, truly appreciated.

I’m so sorry for you and your family and really wish I could say something comforting now.. only that I have lots of prayers for y’all. I hope you have some happiness in your heart to help with the grief.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning all. It is raining heavily here which is good news for the lawn at least. I think the central heating may have to be switched back on today!

Good morning Linda! I woke up to heavy rain here too... except we’ve had enough!! My lawn is floating past as we speak [emoji23].. enjoy a good snuggle in with some hot cocoa maybe!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hi and welcome to the CDR! We’re a bunch of international friends coming together to goof around, chat, and support each other. We were also famously described as “nut jobs”, but that’s just nuts. ;)

Hope you’ve located an armadillo to sit on. Just try not to step on a hedgehog in the dark and prod the jellyfish if you need more light. One-Legged Pirate should be over shortly with a beverage of your choice. You can also stop by our bar, The Drunken Penguin.

Speaking of penguins, we have two — Silly and Willy. Be nice to them, because @Bee62 can be very protective of them. ;)

Don’t worry if you run into the Snow Leopard — she only eats carrots. The only scary thing around here is the Wool Spider (if she exists).

If you’d like some coffee, I can send our giant armadillo coffee table, Montgomery, your way.

I’m Lena, currently living in Denmark.

Speaking of nuts and such, there is a great on-line company that offers up a lot of great items... yep, nuts.com

https://nuts.com/

Lots of good “healthy” items coupled with pur junk food, and 3verything in-between. Enjoy your Sunday.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hey friends. This morning my father past away peacefully in my arms. Just want to say thanks for all the kind words and support over the past couple months, truly appreciated.
So very sorry for your loss Todd, I hope it's a comfort for you that you were there at the end and to know your Dad isn't suffering anymore.
Thinking of you and your family.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Ah, well she is in Wales, not England, so don’t make that mistake again :D

It rained all day in London and today is going to be wetter in Kent... fortunately we will be north of London at the outlaws so hopefully it will be drier there
So far so good here, cold but sunny.
I've even managed to put a line of washing out.
The winds may pick up later but I think the rain will miss us.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
There has been a settlement in London for over 2000 years. In that time the Romans, the Vikings and the French have invaded, demolished and built; there have been many fires, including one that burnt a large part of the city down, and floods; buildings have fallen down or been knocked down due to condition, fashion, industry and ownership; and a huge part of the city was flattened by wartime bombing.

Some things survive. Some have been built and many have been rebuilt. Some of the stuff built after the war was truly awful concrete and has been replaced.

The city constantly changes and evolves. It has always been a strange mix of ancient and modern
As with most places.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
My sincere condolences.

I hope you are able to look in the CDR from time to time. We all are here when you need someone to talk to or to listen.
I am thinking of you and your family and sending prayers.
Thank you. Yes I've been popping in the forum the past few days to occupy my mind but I should be back around more now in the coming weeks. My dad was planning on helping me construct a pond at my residence to upgrade all my turtles before he got sick and I still plan on doing that here shortly in memory of him. I will be posting a thread of that process here soon.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Thank you. Yes I've been popping in the forum the past few days to occupy my mind but I should be back around more now in the coming weeks. My dad was planning on helping me construct a pond at my residence to upgrade all my turtles before he got sick and I still plan on doing that here shortly in memory of him. I will be posting a thread of that process here soon.

Do share a link with us when you start on the project. Your turtles are lucky to have you. [emoji173]️

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

And add a nice proper bench in his memory...to gaze and watch over your flock..

BBEA4630-EAC6-4DBC-BAC7-7B582FE280B7.jpeg