COLD DARK ROOM

Pastel Tortie

Location (City and/or State)
North Florida
When you would not have mentioned the Tower Bridge I would have thought it is another city. So many new and futuristic looking buildings.
Modern, yes...but in the UK, I think Edinburgh has the market cornered when it comes to tacky buildings. Just one building, actually...but it's tacky enough for three or four countries!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Happy Sunday!!

My husband left for New York yesterday for about a week so I’ve been lazy today.

Do you guys remember when we had issues with my daughter’s soccer coach?
Well, after the parents & league gave him a 2nd chance he a ruined it and was fired a couple of weeks ago and we have an amazing new coach who is really developing our girls and they are playing well!

Now the old coach is contacting the league and saying all the parents want him back!! We knew he wasn’t an honest person and this just proves it!

This is why I’m lazy this morning.
IMG_2078.jpg

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
And finally, we jumped on a tube and headed to the poshest bit of London by St James’ Palace and The Ritz Hotel to a private members’ club called the Royal Over-Seas League (and yes it is hyphenated)

This club is very proud that it has had female membership since its foundation in the very early 20th century unlike several of its neighbours.

It’s actually 3 buildings of different periods knocked together
View attachment 252223
View attachment 252224

This Georgian staircase has a bowed banister to allow ladies wearing crinoline skirts to use it more easily. Right at the top, the bars are straight as servants didn’t wear crinolines
View attachment 252225

View attachment 252226
View attachment 252227
You took pictures of the ceilings! A woman after my own heart!

Everyone, any time you get to go inside a(an) historic building, make sure you LOOK UP. They don't make ceilings like they used to!

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
I don`t like it when old architecture is mixed with new and very futuristic looking architecture.:(
I think the mix of new works beautifully in some cities, less so in others. It works in Rome. I don't think it would work or fit nearly as well in Germany.

When I lived in the UK, I got to visit both Munich and Rome... and I loved them both: Munich for her (his?) order; and Rome for her chaos.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Happy Sunday!!

My husband left for New York yesterday for about a week so I’ve been lazy today.

Well, after the parents & league gave him a 2nd chance he a ruined it and was fired a couple of weeks ago and we have an amazing new coach who is really developing our girls and they are playing well!

Now the old coach is contacting the league and saying all the parents want him back!! We knew he wasn’t an honest person and this just proves it!

View attachment 252310
I am so pleased that the soccer coach is no longer in place. His behaviour was disgraceful. I assume you parents have informed the league you're still perfectly happy to do without him!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Happy Sunday!!

View attachment 252310

Enjoy your lazy days, Kathy!
Shame on the old coach. Hope the new one will get all the support he needs from the parents.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
You took pictures of the ceilings! A woman after my own heart!

Everyone, any time you get to go inside a(an) historic building, make sure you LOOK UP. They don't make ceilings like they used to!

Hahaha, here’s the only snap I took today, and it happens to be of a ceiling! It’s in the newly renovated old town hall in central Roskilde.
IMG_7346.jpg
Here’s what the exterior looks like (photo taken last winter):
IMG_7368.jpg

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England