COLD DARK ROOM

Pastel Tortie

Location (City and/or State)
North Florida
That’s a cool mantis!
If you have cats, don't let them catch, eat, molest, or otherwise mess with it. I don't recall right now what the specific effects are, I don't think they're lethal, but there's definitely something that affects cats (possibly behaviorally) beyond the "natural allure and charm" of a preying mantis.

Ask me how I know...
wp_ss_20180923_0001.png

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
If you have cats, don't let them catch, eat, molest, or otherwise mess with it. I don't recall right now what the specific effects are, I don't think they're lethal, but there's definitely something that affects cats (possibly behaviorally) beyond the "natural allure and charm" of a preying mantis.

Ask me how I know...
View attachment 252345
We have no praying mantis in the UK and I, as a bird watcher, will never own a cat! :D

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning all! It is very early and it got down to 3C that translates into 37F..... COLD!

And yet we will have a high of 16C today and by midweek the daytime high will be 22C.

It's that difficult time of year for tortoise keepers in the UK. Not cold enough to hibernate and not warm enough to leave torts outside at night.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning all! It is very early and it got down to 3C that translates into 37F..... COLD!

And yet we will have a high of 16C today and by midweek the daytime high will be 22C.

It's that difficult time of year for tortoise keepers in the UK. Not cold enough to hibernate and not warm enough to leave torts outside at night.
Shame. Stay warm.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Reptilony

QC, CAN
Wow....your fuzzy one there looks exactly like our lil monster that we rescued, raised and eventually brought home here to the US of A. I’ll find a pix... Yep, they are “invasive” !

And Good Morning!
Good morning! I wonder if we're in the same time zone, that's pretty early. Where did you brought it from?

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
That's funny because I wish I could move OUT of Can. Winters are soo cold here. Even Uk is much better! I wish I could go South US or even better, Hawaii! (only in dream). It appears they don't want anymore peeps on their territory...

I haven’t seen a Canadian winter yet. Might regret wanting to move there after experiencing the first one! [emoji23]