COLD DARK ROOM

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
Wasps live to sting again and I still haven’t found this one[emoji35]

My finger is much more swollen than yesterday but the swelling hasn’t spread to my hand View attachment 253950

This is what happened within hours when I was stung last year
View attachment 253951

I’ll keep taking the pills!
Have you treatened the sting with an onion ? The juice of the onion can help to prevent swellings when you use it immedeately on the sting.

Bee62

Germany
Good morning all! (yes, it's morning here) My tortoise partner is coming to get all the leopard babies this week-end. I have many chores for him to take care of! But that also means I have to clean house today. So I'll not be talking to you all until late Sunday night or early Monday a.m. Take care of yourselves.
We will do. Please do the same and take care of you.:rolleyes:

Bee62

Germany
Waiting for hubby and we are getting pizza for supper tonight. Yum yum
I saw how your pizza was made..... :D:D:D
tag12-7-15_94767a.jpg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi everyone - long time no not see.
Guess who spilled coffee all over their laptop?:rolleyes:
A colleague in school has sorted it out for me and I've only just had it back today but thankfully it's all working.
Hope everyone is well I will try to read all past posts to catch up - but I'm guessing there's quite a few!!
So I'd better make a start!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Adam is simply taking time off with wife and tortoise. All is well with them. Regarding the sketching of tortoises, here is a sketch I find to be wonderfully done …View attachment 253023 the woman who drew this has the username of…all I’ve got is her email address and I hold those in close.
I contacted her and she drew this of my tortoise “Little Ricky”. She used ink which is unforgiving if y’all make a mistake. View attachment 253024
That's incredible!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good luck with that, Linda. :)
It's great fun, but just takes so much time.
And I'm brassic, so no TORTOISE or Fossil Forum Secret Santa for me this year or wifey will kill me.
And i'm just so tired all the time just now. :(
Good to see you popped back in Adam and that all is well.
Sorry to hear you're so tired and hope you aren't sickening for some dreaded lurgy.
Take care of yourself and let Tidgy go buy the potatoes!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hey there Adam, glad your Poppin in. 12 hours is a long day but we come out of the freezer every 2hrs for a 20 minute break so it breaks up the shift nicely and I usually only work 4 days a week I've just been picking up a lot of extra days to try and keep my mind occupied since the passing of my father. I know what you mean about the addictive personality. Me and FB have a love hate relationship. I get on it a little then find myself using it all the time then I end up deactivating it a few months, then repeat the process lol
I don't bother with FB much but there have been occasions when I have had to ban myself from TTF to get some work done!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
So I need to vent...... I usually don’t talk about the not so perfect things in my life because I choose to overlook and be happy... but I’m very angry right now. Maybe hurt as well. I’ve told y’all about my 14yr old I took in this year. We are struggling. He is continuously in trouble in school and does not listen well at all. To keep from writing a novel, I’ll leave that at that... I’m not sure I’m dealing with it well. I have raised my children to be honest and respectful and they have never given me more than a minutes trouble. I know Dillon has a lot to overcome and I’m not giving up on him but I really need some prayers for guidance, strength, patience.... u name it, anything is bound to help.... on a positive note, sometimes it seems like I’m seeing a difference... just prayers please and we don’t have to talk about it anymore:)
Sorry to hear this, Heather and hope things have improved since you posted it.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I forgot to say that I hope everyone in the path of Hurricane Michael is safe and not suffered too much damage to your homes.
I've been thinking of all our US friends and hoping you are OK.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Joe was cared for by our well trained neighbour when we were away. Unfortunately, the neighbour and his wife both died last year.

JoesDad is still quite keen on working overseas for a long period and taking me with him. We don’t want to commit ourselves just yet.
I've not been away in 4 years because of Lola.
I don't have neighbours I could trust and although I have a big family all spread about, it would still mean a round trip of 18 miles for the closest sister to come and see to him twice a day which is a lot to ask. I suppose I am also pretty fussy when it comes to his food prep etc too.
I should get a camper van so we can travel the world together!!
How eccentric would that make me look?:D

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Homecoming is tomorrow, formal dance Saturday... I finished the mum tonight.. I was rather pleased with my efforts & Minime was ecstatic.. think it’s ok? I’m not known to be crafty at all, but I wanted to do this for her.

View attachment 253344
Brilliant job!!
I bet she loved it!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all.

First the important news. John texted me last night! No news and he has a new number, but he did get in touch! I hope I get a reply to my response; I will let you know.

As for Carol’s enquiry about the weekend... we will be in London on Saturday and the forecast is on the sodden side of wet.

Sunday will be a quiet day, I think.
That is good news about John at least we know he is OK and hopefully he's seen our messages about we miss him and wish him well.