COLD DARK ROOM

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
Good evening roomies. It`s beginning to look around like Christmas .....
800px_COLOURBOX7733590.jpg

So I proudly present my first Christmas song for you this evening.

800px_COLOURBOX5228513.jpg

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I didn't really make it back into the CDR yesterday.

The Saxons exhibition at the British Library yesterday was really interesting. They had gathered documents and books and some artefacts from the Saxon period in Britain (mid 600s to just after the Norman Conquest in 1066)

The workmanship in the bible illustrations was amazing and the historical story it told was fascinating. While I recognised many of the names mentioned, it's not often they get mentioned in the right order so you can understand who was contemporary with who. Naturally, copy of Britain's most important legal document, the Magna Carta,was on display at the end.

Afterwards we went to Islington and met son and his flat mate for lunch before going to the football. For reasons that aren't yet entirely clear, he didn't drink at the previous night's Christmas party so he was in good shape. Naturally, I have dobbed him in to his sister and I will leave it to her to get to the bottom of that one... we suspect female influence ;)

The match was a scrappy one, but Arsenal scraped a 1-0 win. We should have gone to Luton where Luton Town's 2-0 win moved them into second place in their League. If they stay there they will be promoted at the end of the season. However, there is a long was to go before the end of the season so we are not counting chickens yet!
Whahaha. Good luck on finding the no drinking cause.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good afternoon roomies. I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday. In Germany we had heavy rainfall the last days and the last night. I think Linda send us the weather. @JoesMum Comes the lot of rain from England ? Some days ago you wrote about heavy rainfall where you live.
754b6ecce7265e3e78782429541798fe.gif
Rain is a good thing. Even though the day looks gloomy. The best thing about it is the nice warm fire and hot chocolate which comes out.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Good evening roomies. It`s beginning to look around like Christmas .....
800px_COLOURBOX7733590.jpg

So I proudly present my first Christmas song for you this evening.

800px_COLOURBOX5228513.jpg
That one gave me goose bumps, Sabine! Very nice!! I especially enjoyed it in German. Looks like you enjoyed it too.

Hi There Yvonne. Finished your chores yet?
All finished, read a book, ate lunch, took a nap, and now here I am, visiting you all.