COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Good mornooning everyone. I am quite impressed by both my iPad and android tablet predicting the use of mornooning when I type Good now :D

We are running out of 2018 fast. Yesterday we went out for a hike at Bedgbury Pinetum... it's the national collection of coniferous trees. We are watching the weather in the hope we can get out again today. Santa brought me a shoulder harness for my binoculars to replace the neck strap; I need to test it :) I am hoping the shoulder harness will be more comfortable with my back issues

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good evening roomies. I hope you all had happy Christmas days. I have worked the last two days and I am a little bit tired. I am glad Christmas is over. When you are getting older and have no children Chrtistmas doesen`t mean so much ( to me ). My family has gotten fewer and fewer trough the years. I miss my mother and my grandparents. Lovely memories of happy Christmas days I have had in the past and now are over forever make me sad. So I am glad that Christmas is over.

Today I`ve got a late Christmas Card from Yvonne ! @Yvonne G
Thank you Yvonne for your very personal and kind words. I say "dito". :)
Aaahhh Sabine. Big electronic hug from me.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Happy Sunday all! Today is laundry day. It's difficult for me to place my load of clean clothes into the dryer because my dryer is outside on the car port, and Tony the Tiger's bed/hiding place is on the shelf above the dryer. I hate to disturb him while he's still in his "wild" state. I had out of town company the past couple days and poor Tony stayed hidden or away the whole time. But he's back with a vengeance this a.m. Alternately growling, hissing and sweet food begging meowing every time I have to go outside for something.

Hope you all have a happy Sunday!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hello fellow CDRers, it's been nice to have a quiet day.
All that cooking has taken its toll on me leaving me with a nasty cold.
Must be a reaction to all that fresh veg so I'll be sticking to my frozen microwaveable stuff for the next 362 days until next Xmas.
Anyway I'm taking my poor achy self off to bed and hopefully this cold will go as quickly as it arrived.
Nos Da for now!
Oh shame. Get better soon.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Poor you :(

Daughter has been unwell through Christmas too. She has some sort of virusey stomach upset in early December and doesn't seem to have picked up properly since. She went down with a cold a few days before Christmas, seemed to have picked up by Christmas Day and came out for a walk with us and then felt lousy again the day after. Food and rest for her until New Year's Day, when she returns to her flat, and hopefully she will finally kick it off.
That sound not sound good. Hope she picks up soon.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hi Guys! Hope Everyone had a great Christmas[emoji319] Cold here in Kansas today (in the 20’s) and tonite supposed to plunge down to the teens I think. No snow! What a shame! I was hoping for the kids to experience at least a little snow fun! This area is rolling hills all around, perfect place for sleding! Uggghh! Before coming here they forecasted like a day of snow fall but that is gone! Ahhh! My husband is getting ancy about „slower internet” and such, but the kids are still having a ball with their favorite Uncle (my only sibling) so the big boy better suck it up and deal with it[emoji38] they just went to the ice skating rink. Me, my Mom and Wesley (my brother) are playing our pre-marriage family model. Ahhhh! So nice!!!! Love having them both around! Too bad we can’t do this more often. Wishing all of you Guys all the time and opportunities to spend time with your families and loved ones, as there is nothing more important than those special relationships. If I don’t get to „forum” again bfr the New Year, I wish a happy, healthy and a prosperous one to ALL of you- Tort-Lovers[emoji173]️[emoji217] [emoji323][emoji898]
[emoji8]