COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Happy Friday!!! I’m off for half a day of work today and then One of my long time girl friends is coming to spend the weekend with me. Funny story how we met. I was staying with my mom about 10yrs ago while in the process of buying a house. She only had a couple acres and I had a temporary fence set up for my horse but I had to shovel poop daily so I didn’t mess her yard up. So one day I was outside shoveling poop and this short petite blonde lady walks over and without a word, just starts shoveling poop. I was shocked and asked “Lady, what are you doing” she replied “ the faster I help you get this poop shoveled, the faster we can have a beer and get to know each other” we have been friends ever since. ! Through divorce for her, marriage for me, and several states in between. Our daughters are the same age and grew very close as well..
I’m so excited!!!
That is such a nice story. And definitely a keeper as a friend. Enjoy your catch up.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Happy Friday!!! I’m off for half a day of work today and then One of my long time girl friends is coming to spend the weekend with me. Funny story how we met. I was staying with my mom about 10yrs ago while in the process of buying a house. She only had a couple acres and I had a temporary fence set up for my horse but I had to shovel poop daily so I didn’t mess her yard up. So one day I was outside shoveling poop and this short petite blonde lady walks over and without a word, just starts shoveling poop. I was shocked and asked “Lady, what are you doing” she replied “ the faster I help you get this poop shoveled, the faster we can have a beer and get to know each other” we have been friends ever since. ! Through divorce for her, marriage for me, and several states in between. Our daughters are the same age and grew very close as well..
I’m so excited!!!

Great story!! Have fun and keep us posted on your shenanigans [emoji3]

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Wow, that was a short catch up. Happy Friday everyone. On the agenda today are the post office (hopefully my tortoise has arrived and some data loggers that I am expecting) and then dentist. Guess which one I am looking forward to. Have fun.
I gave montgomery a cuddle but he still misses Linda and Adam.

Your parcel would be great news!!!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I’m so excited!!!

Happy Friday. That sounds like start of a joke. “So, a lady walked over and started shoveling poop.” I asked her...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I just finished a book that I really enjoyed! Has anyone read this?
I read it in two days!
View attachment 261963
If it's not a murder mystery, a cozy mystery or a cooking mystery, it's not in my repertoire! I should have said, "If it's not free on bookbub.com it's not in my repertoire!"

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
One thousand two hundred and ninety one pages of goodness? Wow. Cover looks great. :)

Not sure if the pages are exact. I make the font really big because I read at night whim tired.

It’s about a young girl who grew up living near the swamp and the town shuns her. It follows her life from 3 until about 60. Lots of things happen in between including a little mystery, a little love and triumph.

I loved it!!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Not sure if the pages are exact. I make the font really big because I read at night whim tired.

It’s about a young girl who grew up living near the swamp and the town shuns her. It follows her life from 3 until about 60. Lots of things happen in between including a little mystery, a little love and triumph.

I loved it!!
Sounds interesting.