COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Just back from a very cold walk at our local wildlife refuge. Lots of active birds, including a few very colorful pairs of American Bluebirds and a very active Red-Headed Woodpecker.

Mixed Beech Hardwood Forest

View attachment 261994

Very Very Tall Black Pine

View attachment 261993

A Frozen Goose Pond

View attachment 261992

Expecting close to 6 inches of snow Saturday into Sunday so we stopped by the local Home Depot to pick up some extra suet cakes.
That Black pine is quite majestic.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
We have a town about 1 hour away that might get snow, so I may take my daughter on Sunday! She’s only seen snow once in her 13yrs. So deprived!
Lol. The closest I get to snow is in the distance on the mountain tops. [emoji23] [emoji23] We want to see pics of your snow woman and snow angels if you do manage to go.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Good Saturday Everyone.
I hope it is a good one.
On the agenda today is an art day with my niece. We are going to fix her fairy house we made and dolly it up ( in fairy fashion of course). I love art. Can't wait, it should be fun.

Have fun Carol! It sounds wonderful [emoji2]

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes, but I really think that Adam was the instigator.

How are all you lovely people this fine Saturday morning? (or afternoon, or evening)

We had a pretty socked in fog this a.m. but it's starting to clear. Hopefully I'll get a lot of work done outside today. Tomorrow I'll be riding with an acquaintance to Bakersfield to pick up some tortoises. Someone in SoCal had to find new homes for her animals, and I'm taking two YF and a leopard for my own collections (hope I remember to update Sabine's numbers thread). The person I'm riding with will be picking up 7 or 8 hatchling desert tortoises. I really don't like to leave the property, and especially to go in a car on the freeway. But one has to do what one has to do!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Are you enjoying it in audio version?

Not sure yet. I tried one books sample and I didn’t like the narrator.

Plus, I’m a visual learner so sometimes I have to go back and reread who the characters are or just go back to refresh my memory and you can’t do that!

I also listen with headphones at bedtime and it puts me to sleep so you have to keep “rewinding” until you find where you think you left off.
I’ll listen in the car while waiting at school pick up.

My husband loves it but I’ll try a couple more books to see if I get hooked like he did.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Yes, but I really think that Adam was the instigator.

How are all you lovely people this fine Saturday morning? (or afternoon, or evening)

We had a pretty socked in fog this a.m. but it's starting to clear. Hopefully I'll get a lot of work done outside today. Tomorrow I'll be riding with an acquaintance to Bakersfield to pick up some tortoises. Someone in SoCal had to find new homes for her animals, and I'm taking two YF and a leopard for my own collections (hope I remember to update Sabine's numbers thread). The person I'm riding with will be picking up 7 or 8 hatchling desert tortoises. I really don't like to leave the property, and especially to go in a car on the freeway. But one has to do what one has to do!
Good luck. And what was Adam the instigator of?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Not sure yet. I tried one books sample and I didn’t like the narrator.

Plus, I’m a visual learner so sometimes I have to go back and reread who the characters are or just go back to refresh my memory and you can’t do that!

I also listen with headphones at bedtime and it puts me to sleep so you have to keep “rewinding” until you find where you think you left off.
I’ll listen in the car while waiting at school pick up.

My husband loves it but I’ll try a couple more books to see if I get hooked like he did.
I did not like it, as I am also visual as well. Besides my voice in my head is much better, it even provides pictures. [emoji6]