COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Morning All...

Good to hear that some of the heavy sickness clouds are lifting and there is a wee glimmer of sunshine on the horizon here in the CDR. I need to “touch wood” since I am lucky and just really never get sick. Hope I just didnt jinx myself.....

Ogh....day two of heavy rain mixed with sleet and some freezing as it hits surfaces. But, no snow. Much prefer a few inches of fluffy scenic white powder than el yucko frozen precipitstion.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Hello again everyone. Recovery from this chest infection is dreadfully slow. Fortunately my shower-bashed head didn't develop concussion. Last night, I got the best night's sleep I have had in well over a fortnight. Still not great, but going in the right direction. My course of antibiotics finishes on Thursday, but I see myself returning to my doctor as my chest is still rattling - just not as badly as it was.

Hopefully, I will start to feel bothered about doing things soon.

In the meantime I hope everyone else is well and that @Lyn W is recovering

Get well soon my friend [emoji173]️

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Hello again everyone. Recovery from this chest infection is dreadfully slow. Fortunately my shower-bashed head didn't develop concussion. Last night, I got the best night's sleep I have had in well over a fortnight. Still not great, but going in the right direction. My course of antibiotics finishes on Thursday, but I see myself returning to my doctor as my chest is still rattling - just not as badly as it was.

Sending you more warmth and good healing vibes!

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
LOL I don't think any of my male friends go to salons either. When I tell that joke some people laugh, some start to laugh and then think they shouldn't. Then some just have a sad look on their face and say...... you poor man I am so sorry what happened to you if you don't mind what happened?
I observe it all. It gives me satisfaction when they laugh. It makes me chuckle when they look guilty. And for the last group. I instantly say to myself...... ok you have codependency issues. But I think myself the way I fodder over Opo so do I.
It all helps me deal with what I was dealt.
HAHA- I grew up in the 80's so I was Metro before it ever came out. My First manicure was when I was 18- JUst got back two months ago from Florida where the wife and I played tennis, ate, and had a spa day. I keep all the necessary ingredients for an at home facial. Nothing makes the wife happier than clean, healthy skin for about $150 less and I did not skimp on the sugar scrub or face creams. Try Pure Fiji Sugar Scrub- Mango or Coconut are awesome- you use for your face or even a whole body scrub. LOL

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Sjoe, was a nice and long catch up. Loved it.

Yesterday I was a bit down, but today totally feel better. Besides hubby is coming home. I will probably want to send him right back out again after 5 minutes of being home, but for now I am happy that he is on his way back.:D Ye ye, I know a total contradiction, but there you go, I am female and very moody for the last couple of days.

yesterday I finally received a memory card for my camera in the tort set up and I have set the timer to record for today. I want to see if I can speed the video up and then post a day in the life of the gang on here. But we will see, as I am self taught when it comes to computers and sometimes these things just elude me totally. If all else fails hopefully my eldest will be able to help me.

It is windy again here today. Normally I love the wind as it helps to relieve the heat, but I am in a office and I get home to find lots of sand all over the place, so not loving it very much lately.

My little experiment with the box and the wet cloth and leaves etc, does not seem to have captured anymore isopods yet. I have caught ants and those little creepy crawly things where the tail end branches off into two . Let us see if I can find a pic on google. Google says it is a centipede and I don't think that those are supposed to be used as cleaning crew. so that experiment was / is a bust. I will leave the box there though in the hopes that one day I might get lucky and find a few.

View attachment 264731

So now I have put two planks down and put some leave mulch between the two. I however still need to check and see if there are any isopods there. I do see my one little isopod come out at night, but the poor thing cannot keep up with four baby torts.

Anyway hope you are all having a good Tuesday.
Centipedes aren't recommended for box turtles, but backyard millipedes are okay. See if you can find some red wigglers, red earthworms. They're good at composting.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
LOL I don't think any of my male friends go to salons either. When I tell that joke some people laugh, some start to laugh and then think they shouldn't. Then some just have a sad look on their face and say...... you poor man I am so sorry what happened to you if you don't mind what happened?
I observe it all. It gives me satisfaction when they laugh. It makes me chuckle when they look guilty. And for the last group. I instantly say to myself...... ok you have codependency issues. But I think myself the way I fodder over Opo so do I.
It all helps me deal with what I was dealt.
Laughter is a powerful thing. :)

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Who else is gonna take care of those ugly men toenails?!?!
My husband has enjoyed Agee pedicures in his lifetime. I see lots of seniors and husbands enjoying it with their wives.
Shoot, I just remembered that my son likes them too! It been a couple of yrs but when he was about 12 he did.
Some salons around here serve wine and one just opened with a full bar.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

Glad there was no concussion!
Get well soon.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Sjoe, was a nice and long catch up. Loved it.

Yesterday I was a bit down, but today totally feel better. Besides hubby is coming home. I will probably want to send him right back out again after 5 minutes of being home, but for now I am happy that he is on his way back.:D Ye ye, I know a total contradiction, but there you go, I am female and very moody for the last couple of days.

yesterday I finally received a memory card for my camera in the tort set up and I have set the timer to record for today. I want to see if I can speed the video up and then post a day in the life of the gang on here. But we will see, as I am self taught when it comes to computers and sometimes these things just elude me totally. If all else fails hopefully my eldest will be able to help me.

It is windy again here today. Normally I love the wind as it helps to relieve the heat, but I am in a office and I get home to find lots of sand all over the place, so not loving it very much lately.

My little experiment with the box and the wet cloth and leaves etc, does not seem to have captured anymore isopods yet. I have caught ants and those little creepy crawly things where the tail end branches off into two . Let us see if I can find a pic on google. Google says it is a centipede and I don't think that those are supposed to be used as cleaning crew. so that experiment was / is a bust. I will leave the box there though in the hopes that one day I might get lucky and find a few.

View attachment 264731

So now I have put two planks down and put some leave mulch between the two. I however still need to check and see if there are any isopods there. I do see my one little isopod come out at night, but the poor thing cannot keep up with four baby torts.

Anyway hope you are all having a good Tuesday.

I see my pill bugs at night eating left over greens the torts didn’t eat. Sometimes the greens get scattered in the dirt and get all wilted and they love it.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Who else is gonna take care of those ugly men toenails?!?!
My husband has enjoyed Agee pedicures in his lifetime. I see lots of seniors and husbands enjoying it with their wives.
Shoot, I just remembered that my son likes them too! It been a couple of yrs but when he was about 12 he did.
Some salons around here serve wine and one just opened with a full bar.
I would like the one where little fish nibble on your feet.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I would like the one where little fish nibble on your feet.
Ew, not me! I used to go fishing with my husband and we would wade along the bank, casting lures for bass. One time I stepped on a submerged branch. I must've stepped in within the crotch of a branch because I swore a giant clam had grasped my leg. Scared the crap outta' me!!! I don't go in the water anymore, afraid of whatever may be in there to get me. . . shark, giant clams, whatever!

Last edited: