5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
What time is dinner, you forgot to tell us all. On our way.

It’s ready now and all are welcome.. :) I enjoy cooking and more so when it’s appreciated.. my hubby and kids often take it for granted but my Dad And Brother are both Bachelors so they are extra appreciative [emoji2][emoji5][emoji2]

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Awwwww.... that makes me sad. Abstaining from coffee means pretty low in my book!!! Feel better soon Anne!
I did have a cup of coffee today, eventually... At least I think it was coffee. My senses of smell and taste are muted, so I'm not sure if I'd be able to tell the difference between coffee and hot tea at this point... :)

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
So pretty. Hoping and praying you feel better soon...I'd be in the er by now looking coocoo. Screaming I can't drink coffee! I'm sick...
Pretty sure I was running a fever yesterday, for the hot coffee to NOT sound so appealing. I was too out of it to even think about iced coffee, but you never know... Next time I have a fever... ;)

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Next time I'm running a fever, someone remind me about the "iced coffee" concept. I don't have a blender (and I wouldn't feel up to using it then, anyway), so I'm going to need simplified instructions.

Something like...
1. Make coffee as usual.
2. No milk (doesn't go well with a fever).
3. Find larger container that won't melt from freshly brewed coffee.
4. Add ice. Leave room for coffee.
5. Add coffee.
6. Quit whining about no dairy and enjoy your caffeine already!

I might have missed something. You guys get until the next time I have a fever to tweak the instructions. ;)

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Beautiful! I love the way the trees silhouette against the sunset. It reminds me of my parents' place. Fond memories.

I’m glad I could distract you from your misery for a moment.. now, follow these instructions for an awesome day tomorrow:)) drink you an extra dose of NyQuil ... Get into a super hot shower first thing in The morning and let the steam clear your sinuses.. Have an extra strong cup of coffee and the morning.. Enjoy your day..

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
I’m glad I could distract you from your misery for a moment.. now, follow these instructions for an awesome day tomorrow:)) drink you an extra dose of NyQuil ... Get into a super hot shower first thing in The morning and let the steam clear your sinuses.. Have an extra strong cup of coffee and the morning.. Enjoy your day..
Yes, ma'am! :D

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
I sure hope she learned about “Defender’s Day” today!

View attachment 265633

Nope. She was learning about waltz and Strauss. [emoji23]

It used to be a big holiday when I was growing up. All men in the family would get presents that day, because traditionally the defenders were male. It was the day to celebrate men. Women would then get presents and flowers on the 8th of March.