COLD DARK ROOM

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sunny AZ
After a month of trying to nurse our Betta back to health he just didn’t make it.
So I cleaned the tank and used black sand this time.
Here’s are new Crowntail.
No name yet.
View attachment 267842View attachment 267843

Nice!
I’m sorry about your beta!
I don’t have much luck with bettas, so I’m sticking with my goldfish [emoji851]

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
You hope there aren’t more than three or four pages to go through and that Carol posts one of her amazing summaries when you get behind! :D

Are you on Facebook Karen? And Sarah and Cathie? We now have a private Facebook group for CDR communication when TFO is down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/785037581863143/

It’s closed so nobody will see discussion outside the group
Yes, I'm on FB. I'll request to join. Even though I can't keep up now...

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
You hope there aren’t more than three or four pages to go through and that Carol posts one of her amazing summaries when you get behind! :D

Are you on Facebook Karen? And Sarah and Cathie? We now have a private Facebook group for CDR communication when TFO is down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/785037581863143/

It’s closed so nobody will see discussion outside the group
I'm not finding the group...searching FB with that link isn't working for me. Does the group have a name? What am I doing wrong?

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I think mine died from too many bloodworms [emoji22]. I tried epsom salt baths, but he was pineconed and I finally euthanized him.

The pineconing dropsy is usually overfeeding or poor water conditions (usually from overfeeding, but not always). It’s basically fluid retention from failing fish kidneys, and is almost always irreversible and a death sentence. Mine actually held on well over a week and he looked pretty bad, I probably should have helped him out, but I didn’t have the heart to do it, I was doing daily 50% water changed after a full water change taking out the sad disaster that happened to the tank from overfeeding, poor guy sat in a graveyard when I found out about the overfeeding. I’ve only ever had one other fish pinecone years ago. Usually I end up having a fin rot problem, even in a regularly cleaned 10g with no tank mates- fin rot, I don’t know, I love their personality but I guess I just do better with goldfish.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
The pineconing dropsy is usually overfeeding or poor water conditions (usually from overfeeding, but not always). It’s basically fluid retention from failing fish kidneys, and is almost always irreversible and a death sentence. Mine actually held on well over a week and he looked pretty bad, I probably should have helped him out, but I didn’t have the heart to do it, I was doing daily 50% water changed after a full water change taking out the sad disaster that happened to the tank from overfeeding, poor guy sat in a graveyard when I found out about the overfeeding. I’ve only ever had one other fish pinecone years ago. Usually I end up having a fin rot problem, even in a regularly cleaned 10g with no tank mates- fin rot, I don’t know, I love their personality but I guess I just do better with goldfish.
Yes, I agree on the overfeeding. My water was fine. I've had trouble with fin and body rot on a previous one. I'm glad this new one has short fins. Long fins are beautiful but can be problematic.