COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
More then one does help... I would do another Russian but I don't have enough room right now. Also I have to think about my age and such. There's a couple of them left at petsmart. Of course they are adorable and sooo tempting. Hopefully, they'll get a good home. I showed one of the employees how to tell male from female. Of course, that's iffy, but what I learned from reading was correct with Saphire. He showed me proof. You don't even want to know what went on that day...
All torts are adorable. And I don't blame you. I would want to take them home too.

Reptilony

QC, CAN
The downside is the heat... and the drought. Carol has had serious water rationing all summer. Nowhere is perfect.

Right...here our water is free and good quality and our electricity is some of the lowest in north america, I really liked the climate in rep.dominicaine but you could not drink their water!! Maybe somewhere in the usa could be a perfect spot...maybe...Houston? Hawaii is like the paradise but I heard it’s pretty expensive to live there.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Right...here our water is free and good quality and our electricity is some of the lowest in north america, I really liked the climate in rep.dominicaine but you could not drink their water!! Maybe somewhere in the usa could be a perfect spot...maybe...Houston? Hawaii is like the paradise but I heard it’s pretty expensive to live there.

Houston is very wet... and windy. Hurricane territory. My best friend from school lives there

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

Personally I would recommend the South of France. Glorious sunshine, warm winters, drinkable water. If you stay out of the most touristy areas it’s not so expensive to live ... and fabulous food. And they speak French ;)

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
More then one does help... I would do another Russian but I don't have enough room right now. Also I have to think about my age and such. There's a couple of them left at petsmart. Of course they are adorable and sooo tempting. Hopefully, they'll get a good home. I showed one of the employees how to tell male from female. Of course, that's iffy, but what I learned from reading was correct with Saphire. He showed me proof. You don't even want to know what went on that day...

Lol!!! I had a day like that ... SHOCKING [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

Definitely not Houston... in
My opinion:)))

Maybe a rainforest area???

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Personally I would recommend the South of France. Glorious sunshine, warm winters, drinkable water. If you stay out of the most touristy areas it’s not so expensive to live ... and fabulous food. And they speak French ;)
Yes their water. You can't really get French bread here in the US because we don't have French water. I have to use their personal care products too. I have allergies and most French companies products don't give me problems.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Hahaha lolololol...that was about 11 years ago. I still lol when I think of it. It's one of those moments with a turdess.
I have yet to have that day! LOL! We've guessed Chug is around 13 now, so maybe not far off. But we're prepared...I put some "lovable" rocks in his enclosure! [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Depends where you are. But here in the City we don't go into the negatives. I think the lowest we have gone in the last few years is possibly around 9c.
Now I have to learn my math again. Is that around 35° - 45°f and possibly rainy? If so, that's our early spring. What in the world are your summers like?