COLD DARK ROOM

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
Man I am missing all the action going on..
Spent time today twice responding to posts of new members needing help and welcoming them. I haven't done that in awhile. Felt good to do. Maybe later tonight I will try to catch up to you all.
Hi Ray, have a nice Sunday.:) How you are doing ?

Bee62

Germany
Just don’t paint your nails and — OUCH! — toenails in any edible-looking color. ;)

About turtles, are you sure you didn’t want one of these?

View attachment 272493

P.S. Did the image work? [emoji848]
Too big and too snappy. I know someone who keeps two snapping turtles though they are not allowed in Germany. The keeper of the snapping turtles tolds me that they never get tame and always try to bite him.:(

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Too big and too snappy. I know someone who keeps two snapping turtles though they are not allowed in Germany. The keeper of the snapping turtles tolds me that they never get tame and always try to bite him.:(

I think I also prefer the guy in the back, not the snapping one in the front [emoji33]

Bee62

Germany
e13934e67ad9b4a3722f91a2def10402.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Last Wednesday I ordered something online that was coming from Minnesota. I've been following the progress on their tracking system (fedex). I think it's coming by covered wagon:

Thurs - Oklahoma, Fri - New Mexico then Arizona, Sat - Wasco, Calif., Sun - Stockton. It's only two hours away from my city now. I wonder where it will be tomorrow?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
How’s Opo doing today? Is he still sulking?
Opo is doing good thanks. He has decided this year to go into these bushes to cool down. I posted a thread about them in another section. Yvonne gave me feedback. Her call would make the plants safe. My 2 possibilities say its poisonous. Here in Florida everyone has them in their front yard. What do you all think?
20190517_131947.jpg 20190517_135515.jpg

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
You’ll have to utilize the room here then. The ferrets are on guard against the possums. They are one of the few animals that are not welcome here at the funny farm. They try to steel the dog food so the dogs keep me up all night. Or they are after the cat food just outside the door and when I let the little dog outside, there is insta-war. I had to spend a few months convincing them that other place were better suited for them:) you’ll be safe here!
How about armadillos? Are they a bother?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Oooooh *SHIVERS*!!! That would be bad...son and I looked at the eggs last night and we had to throw one egg out that was bad but the other 5 are are little moving babies in there:) considering all the trauma those eggs have been through, 5outta 6 is an amazing success rate..........unless they’re aliens [emoji31]
Do you have to turn them to distribute the heat and spray them?
I used to have to go into school twice a day to do that when I first hatched eggs there as the incubator wasn't very sophisticated, clocking up almost 100 extra miles a week. Then I decided I would start them off in school and take them home until they were due to hatch, which was much easier and cheaper.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Ochhhhh... I am now convinced that your way worse ... LOL!!!! but think of the trash can recipe we could make with our new mis-identified ingredients [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]
Without a doubt I am much worse!
I have also made cheese on toast - with slices of butter - when it could be bought by weight instead of pre packaged!
Ruined a stew by putting a whole bulb of garlic in it instead of one clove.......
I have forgotten more bad food mistakes than I ever made good meals, but people often like to remind me!!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good Morning Lyn! (And everybody else)!!!
I am being slow and lazy this morning.. Birthday party went pretty good yesterday. We ended up with 16 extra children and the weather for once pleasantly surprised us! I think Ally had a really good birthday. She and her 5 girlfriends from the sleepover are still in the camper! I haven’t heard a peep since they got settled last night... it’s been AMAZING! I’ve got pigs-in-blanket and cinnamon rolls ready for the oven when they start filtering in. [emoji16]
Glad it all went well and you seem to have hung on to your sanity!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Ive watched many of these performances - including the one when RiverDance performed when Ireland hosted the event. But, you are right, it’s become too political. Like lots of things.
They're all as bad as one another:rolleyes:
Some countries breathe a sigh of relief when they don't win because winning countries have to host it the next year and it costs a fortune!!
Ireland won it 3 years on the trot in the 90s and it's rumoured they deliberately entered a poorer song the following year because the cost of winning was too great!