COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Ok! Didn’t mean to keep everyone In Suspense but the little buggers kept me going all night and I had to jump strait up and run this morning. Outcome...... 3 adorable little turkeys:) the one that pipped on the wrong end of the egg didn’t make it out. And the last one that never pipped must have passed a week or so ago.
View attachment 273401View attachment 273402View attachment 273403
That is soooo cool. So now the hard work starts, keeping them fed. What do you feed them and how do you feed them?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good mornooning all. I woke up too early, but never mind.

I have nothing more exciting than a cervical smear test to look forward to today. It’s routine; I was called up for it as per the NHS schedule for women my age. It’s also not one of those things I will not be embarrassed about mentioning... it is too important. Like mental health issues things like this get buried by people’s falsely-based embarrassment.

I do also have some packing to do. I am not going to be home much in the next week. Two trips... one with JoesDad and one without.
Sounds exciting!!. The trips not the test.[emoji33]

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Well, roomies...I've been absent from the CDR for a bit over a week. I've just been incredibly busy, driving hither and yon every day.

Then throw in having my 2nd cataract surgery done last Wed, and I just haven't had the time or energy for TFO.

Oh, yeah, I bought a new phone on Fri, and it's taking me forever to get everything switched over and working right.

So it's impossible to catch up with around 800 posts in the CDR alone.

Has anything happened that I positively MUST know or life will never be the same??
I hope that the 2nd surgery went well and good luck with the new phone.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Firstly, I hope the surgery went well... although perfect eyesight isn’t much help in the CDR’s gloom ;)

I got a new phone last week too and I agree about it taking forever to get it set up!

As for the 800 missed posts... of course life will never be the same if you haven’t read them [emoji23]

On the other hand, I wouldn’t fret too much.

Heather has newly hatched babies, Carol is away for the weekend, Ben has healed after having to have a pin put in his broken toe, Mark found dead turtles while out kayaking [emoji22], I watched England beat South Africa at the cricket yesterday and, and ... I have a terrible memory for the rest, sorry.

I saw you caught up with Bea’s sad news about Jacques already. [emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]
Nice, quick summary Linda. Well done.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning all,
Just caught up with you all and happy to see everyone is well!
I've been busy shopping the last couple of days and still no luck!
Everything is either too long, too short, too frilly, too low cut, or just plain too expensive ( I'm not paying £170 for a dress I won't wear again!).
I just can't find one that is just right and the trouble is that there are very few shops who stock a wide range anymore because they are all online!
So I've a few more places to try this weekend.....I can think of other things I'd rather be doing:(
Anyway hope everyone has a good day and a wonderful weekend!!
Oh dear. Maybe find one that you like but is too long and then just have it shortened.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Ok, lots of catching up to do. But first things first. Congratulations Linda I heard that England beat South Africa good and solid on Thursday.
We left on Friday Morning around 11am to go to a place called Killarney Trout Farm. It is situated between Montague and Barrydale. Barrydale is just on the outskirts of the Klein Karoo. I so wanted to get some photos of tortoises as the Karoo is a good place to find them, but I was not going to be lucky in that department at all. Anyway we reached the toll gate just after Paarl which is after Cape Town and before Worcster. And then we were on open road. The only thing which would have made it better would have been a flask of coffee with condense milk. ( Nostalgic memories) but I don't allow that as condense milk is basically pure sugar. Our open road was a short one, as we first had to go through the tunnel. My father actually helped build this tunnel, and poor hubby has to hear me say that everytime we go through it. View attachment 273645View attachment 273646View attachment 273648View attachment 273652View attachment 273653View attachment 273654View attachment 273655

Wow! Loving the scenery [emoji7]