COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
In Germany today 27 C. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !!!!!:p:D

I can only dream! 13C here and wet! We did get to see the area where Daughter has her Dormice monitoring. However, because of the drizzle she couldn’t open them to see if they were occupied.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I'm glad you are feeling better now Ray.
I only have to see Lola's funny face looking up at me to cheer myself up.
View attachment 274727
Thanks Lyn, Lola is adorable. That pic gave me a smile. These tortoises seem to have a way to get you cheerful.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I understand strange thoughts though I can’t imagine the struggles you must go through... I know it’s got to be hard to give a crap lots of times... but I hope you do. I’m sure your wife and many others depend on you in ways you dont even realize. It seems like your pulling yourself right around now and I betcha Opo is sure glad[emoji16].... I’d like to hear more about those antics of his that cheered u up:))
Thanks Ellie May here is a pic this morning of Opo waking up.20190615_075044.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Nagh...id get bored very quickly. Very small fenced in garden. Good for a “city slicker” who travels, works a lot of hours and doesnt want or need a big grassy lawn to maintain.

The “garden”

View attachment 274711
WHAT??!!?? No downed trees to cut up? Forget it!!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That sucks. You're probably a little like me then. I can get on the floor easy...it's getting up that's the problem. I can almost hear me yelling to my life alert thingy..."no I got on the floor and got stuck and I can't get up!"
Yes, that's exactly the problem. Consequently, anything on or around the floor that requires getting on hands and knees to clean, doesn't get cleaned anymore.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Is there any problem with just letting it run wild? You don’t use it for torts and it’s much better for wildlife such as our all-important bees when left unsprayed.
The problem is one of neatness and symmetry. I can't stand the awful weeds that grow here. Plus it's hard on cats and dogs (the types of weeds are painful when stuck in animal fur). It would be different if the weeds stayed close to the ground, but they grow tall and when they die it becomes a fire hazard. One might get a ticket if one doesn't keep their property clean for fire protection.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Well last night about 9. I opened the door from the house to the garage and noticed the well pump running. I could tell by the sound it lost its prime. So got the wife and tried to get water again. After numerous tries no luck. Removed the PVC pipe back to the check valve. Took the check valve off and there was water in the pipe. So gave up for the night went to home depot in the morning. Bought some new fittings, new check valve and resembled. First try to prime no luck, 2nd time success! Went directly in the house and took a shower. Felt good to achieve something.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well last night about 9. I opened the door from the house to the garage and noticed the well pump running. I could tell by the sound it lost its prime. So got the wife and tried to get water again. After numerous tries no luck. Removed the PVC pipe back to the check valve. Took the check valve off and there was water in the pipe. So gave up for the night went to home depot in the morning. Bought some new fittings, new check valve and resembled. First try to prime no luck, 2nd time success! Went directly in the house and took a shower. Felt good to achieve something.
That's my motto! If in doubt or whatev, it pays to sleep on it. Yyyyaaahhh!!!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hey @Yvonne G , I have a thread titled Opo eating 2.0. Is there a way to eliminate the word eating in the title. I was planning on using it for updated pics and progress of Opo or should I just start a new thread and transfer some of the pics?
If it's a hassle to do I will just start another thread.
Thanks

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good mornooning everyone!

Happy father’s day to all the tortoise dad’s that visit this gloomy place... we are all aware that your adopted shelled children count every bit as much as any human children that you may have :)

It’s Sunday. Today we are going with Daughter to see my aunt who lives not far from where we have been this weekend and then we must return home

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
At our old house we also had a water pump that would lose prime occasionally. This one where I live now primes itself, thank goodness. I occasionally have to have my son-in-law come over and drain the tank though, as it gets water logged, but not very often. My trouble is I don't have enough sprinklers to keep the pump running, so it goes off and on and off and on.