COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Sympathies. I am a puddle of sweat here too. WhatI would do for air conditioning right now! As soon as I get home I am heading for the shower!

Yes. It’s nasty right about now - 1400 east coast time. Hot, sticky yuck. I’m mucking out Sullys “heated” outside house. Good time to air things out, unplug the heaters, let the wood dry up, grt some sunshine. Sully is sat under our fig tree nodding or napping.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
My tortoises all live in yards, not pens. My property is an acre and I have no front yard, no side yard and no backyard - it's all tortoise yards.

The leopard yard:
View attachment 275400 View attachment 275401 View attachment 275402 View attachment 275403 View attachment 275404 View attachment 275405

The sulcata yard:
View attachment 275406 View attachment 275407 View attachment 275408

The rain forest:
View attachment 275409 View attachment 275410 View attachment 275411
Wow. You have a really big property. And the yards look great.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well then that is easy to get over then. Was Saphire upset that you spoilt his rain bath?
I'm glad he puts up with me...and my mothering. I fluffed him up a bit with a towel and he didn't try to bite me...so he probably wasn't upset too much. He did get a nice soak though...

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Nice. While cutting grass yesterday morning, two nice big toads appeared from the clover. Cute big toads rescued.
That's where he likes to sit. It's right outside my backdoor. I need to come up with a better house for him then bags for recycling. He "can" eat all the flys he would like.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I saw my little toad today. Unexpectedly turned up in my cans for recycling. I have to get him a better house.View attachment 275432

We have one that comes to our front door most nights when it gets dark.. I always tell my son he has a visitor. He will go open the door, say hello & pet the toad, then it’s “see ya later”! I’ll try and get a picture tonight;-)

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
Good mornooning everyone. The washing machine is churning its first load already as I need to get a load of stuff done today due to governor meetings taking over my time tomorrow and Wednesday.

The Chair of of one of school boards has smashed his leg falling off a bike while racing which means his workload needs covering for a while. He is one of these superfit guys who doesn’t think twice about cycling a hundred miles... being confined to barracks due to the operation he needed is driving him nuts. I feel sorry for his wife; you just know he isn’t going to be a good patient!

Happy Monday everyone and have a good week :)
If he's in a wheelchair after surgery, someone's going to have to keep a close eye on him... So he isn't doing wheelies and other stunts, while waiting for his leg to heal! ;)