COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I’m sure she will.. i won’t be able to rest until she’s gone so I’ll be checking.. this has been an odd year for turtles in the pool. In the past, it’s always been snakes or rodents [emoji848]... I can’t help but wonder if my tortoise yard isn’t drawing them in??? Toretto’s fence line is only 20’ away at one point..
I doubt it's your tortoise. That's more like my little toad with flooding driving him uphill. And last year with a Midwest Paint visitor. We've all had a lot of rain I think. We have to buy flood insurance but it's never flooded until this year and last. I knew you'd think of something to get him to cooperate and get safely out of your pool.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
And Daughter sent me a picture of a baby grass snake she uncovered today. It didn’t appreciate being rescued and pooped on her - grass snake poop smells awful!
View attachment 275862

And also a picture of a plane travelling by road!
View attachment 275863
The grass snakes or garden snakes we have around here are green. I'm so glad I didn't scare the poop out of the one I found in a bush one day. I was cleaning out some underbrush and looked up and there he was! That would be worse then a little birdie present.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Everything is good. Just been preoccupied with summer, our bath remodel and stuff. My husband might have back surgery but insurance denied him so he has an appeal in. He leaves for China on Friday.

Oh, and one of my mom friends is getting ready for hospice and it’s very hard because she has 3 kids and her daughter is only 14 and they are best friends.
Some other moms and I try to help as much as we can but I think it has come down to just family now.
Oh shame. There is lots going on on your plate. I hope that husband gets his appeal approved. And my thoughts and prayers for your mom friend.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Bird peanut feeders are very common in the UK. I break the peanuts up a little before putting them in the feeder so they’re easier for the birds to prise out.
One of the ingredients for homemade bird treats is to use peanut butter to let the seeds stick to a large pinecone.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
My dear husband, Pete, went on to a better place at 2:00 AM this morning (July 2). I was blessed to be with him, and to hold his hand as he took his last breath.

Thank you all for your prayers and well-wishes. I will return when I am able.View attachment 275843
I am so sorry for your loss of your husband, Karen.
He looks quite a a character in the lovely picture you have shared with us.
You have been so strong this last few days and I know your faith will help you get through this very difficult time.
We are all here for you when you are ready.
Take care x

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good Wednesday Afternoon All,

My days are.......well they are winter days. It is now getting much colder and we have been having quite a few overcast and rainy days. The overcast weather makes it colder (which is not so nice) but the rain is very welcome. Hopefully we will end up with completely full dams by the time winter is finished.:D:D So nobody is complaining about the rain. We are all of course complaining how cold it is. And yes before you all say it or think it, I know that we are nowhere as cold as you guys, but for us who are used to warm weather it is cold. At least it is a nice excuse to snuggle up under the blankets at night.;)
I hope everyone is having a good Wednesday. And it is so nice to see all the visiting animals. By the way, I seem to have misplaced my homework......Has anyone seen it?
The dog ate it!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Everything is good. Just been preoccupied with summer, our bath remodel and stuff. My husband might have back surgery but insurance denied him so he has an appeal in. He leaves for China on Friday.

Oh, and one of my mom friends is getting ready for hospice and it’s very hard because she has 3 kids and her daughter is only 14 and they are best friends.
Some other moms and I try to help as much as we can but I think it has come down to just family now.
I hope your hubby gets the surgery he needs, it must be frustrating to pay the insurance and then have them decide whether you need the treatment or not.
That's very sad about your friend and dreadful for her family. It's great they have good friends like you to support them.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good evening/afternoon all.
I'm just popping in to catch up but having another early night - going back to work takes some getting used to.:rolleyes:
So hope everyone enjoys the rest of your Weds and has a happy Thursday.
Nos Da and take care

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Since I crawled out of my hole. I got busy with Opo's temporary outside enclosure. Had the materials for over a month. Next will be the mirror box.
I hope the mirror box works for you. Please let me know because that concept might work for a paraplegic friend of mine also. He's a 72 year old and that's really unusual. Maybe if he could see himself in a mirror it would help with some of the other stuff. He actually apologised to me the other day for being too sick to talk.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
LOL, That is so cool. You can call it swimming with the turtles!!. What kind of water do you have in there? chlorinated? And wouldn't that water be bad for the turtle?

It’s saltwater and it’s chlorinated so it can’t be good! But, she was safely away when I checked on her this morning so hopefully no harm done. I imagine that she came up from the lake to nest and then decided to rejuvenate at the first stop on the way back down [emoji28]

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good Wednesday Afternoon All,

My days are.......well they are winter days. It is now getting much colder and we have been having quite a few overcast and rainy days. The overcast weather makes it colder (which is not so nice) but the rain is very welcome. Hopefully we will end up with completely full dams by the time winter is finished.:D:D So nobody is complaining about the rain. We are all of course complaining how cold it is. And yes before you all say it or think it, I know that we are nowhere as cold as you guys, but for us who are used to warm weather it is cold. At least it is a nice excuse to snuggle up under the blankets at night.;)
I hope everyone is having a good Wednesday. And it is so nice to see all the visiting animals. By the way, I seem to have misplaced my homework......Has anyone seen it?

That dang hound!!!!

Reptilony

QC, CAN
I hope the mirror box works for you. Please let me know because that concept might work for a paraplegic friend of mine also. He's a 72 year old and that's really unusual. Maybe if he could see himself in a mirror it would help with some of the other stuff. He actually apologised to me the other day for being too sick to talk.

Yeah I'll also be waiting too see the results I wanna know if that dr.house trick does work!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

I’m sorry Kathy. I know it’s hard to watch a friend struggle. I’ve got prayers for you, her, & the family.