COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Yeah..... TODAY is final closing day on the house we are selling in northern Virginia! We started getting it ready first week of June, painting, cleaning, a few new things, new microwave, power washing, new window screens, replaced a cracked window, got the gas fireplace perfectly working, replaced the furnace, redid the garden, and stained the deck. Whew.

So - the last Chapter is today - The Closing! @ 1100
That's great. Now you'll have lots of time on your hands...can't wait to see what you do with it.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hello everyone, just wanted to say hello. Wife and mother in law are back home. So everything is back to normal. Been on the other side greeting new members and it's hard to keep up with the CDR. My thumb can only handle so much typing. :(
Hope everything is fine and will try to catch up with you all.
Opo says hello!
Hello. I can't keep up either but the more the merrier.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Maybe you can harvest the dandelion leaves before they get crispy. Soak and rinse them, then put the leaves on a paper towel and put the entire thing (greens and wet paper towel) in a plastic zipper bag... and put the bag in the refrigerator. That should keep for several days, a couple weeks. At least that worked when I tried it several weeks ago. :)
I bought these containers on TV. It was one of the 3am infomercial. Never used them I was single at the time. 7 or 8 yrs later when Opo came into my life I was struggling with keeping greens fresh. I ask the wife if we had them. She got them down from the attic.
They are called Debbie Meyer Lockin Green Box.20190730_143256.jpg
They actually work. I pat the greens down to get them fairly dry.Pick out any bad peices put a piece of paper towel on top and put in the fridge.
Butttttttt! I don't know if they are available anymore.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Ok, back from Settlement! The Buyer signs at 1400, the $$$$$ gets EFT’D tomorrow.

Final final plan is to Florida SOON. We have been looking on the east coast between St Augustine to Palm Coast. But, this March, we went kayaking on the Gulf side, south of Tampa, near Naples and loved the access to water there.

I’m now thinking, a Townhouse there! Decisions, decisions.

Of course Ray could suggest where!

Excellent. Such a relief to have it sorted :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I bought these containers on TV. It was one of the 3am infomercial. Never used them I was single at the time. 7 or 8 yrs later when Opo came into my life I was struggling with keeping greens fresh. I ask the wife if we had them. She got them down from the attic.
They are called Debbie Meyer Lockin Green Box.View attachment 277564
They actually work. I pat the greens down to get them fairly dry.Pick out any bad peices put a piece of paper towel on top and put in the fridge.
Butttttttt! I don't know if they are available anymore.

Sounds like a great idea :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Ok, back from Settlement! The Buyer signs at 1400, the $$$$$ gets EFT’D tomorrow.

Final final plan is to Florida SOON. We have been looking on the east coast between St Augustine to Palm Coast. But, this March, we went kayaking on the Gulf side, south of Tampa, near Naples and loved the access to water there.

Which coast is more likely to get hurricanes?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

I love the Naples area...and it is a bit primitive inland. That's what I liked about it. The best of both worlds.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

What are you going to do with no trees to cut down (or up)? No pine trees in Florida.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Which coast is more likely to get hurricanes?

Both sides get hit with storms.
What are you going to do with no trees to cut down (or up)? No pine trees in Florida.

Tons of Pine Trees in Florida. Most of the properties we looked at had many large pines. (Believe me, i checked).

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
That depends on the time of the year (part of the season). Hurricanes are more likely to form in certain waters during certain months... although nothing is guaranteed.

Yes...how lucky or not one is. Ive checked the historical paths.... “it all depends”

Pastel Tortie

North Florida

My suggestion is OUTSIDE any flood zones and storm surge zones.

Are you looking at newer construction?