COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Aldabraman lives round there I think
Naples is an amazing city. It has a wonderful beach. I got to find my first sanddollar there. The beautiful part was it was a patch of living sanddollars. Inland is even more beautiful. Not taken over with sugarcane...and there's a lot of wildlife sanctuaries. It is primitive though. Walk slowly and watch what you're walking on.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
If you live in Florida (not just visit), you have a 100 percent probability of getting hit by a hurricane. It's just a matter of how soon/often and how hard.
Amen to that. I went through four in 2004 in a short few months. I'm still more afraid of tornadoes.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good evening/afternoon all.
We've had lots of rain today but the thunderstorms forecast for most of the day with yellow warnings didn't arrive.
I've had a thumping headache all day though and Lola didn't leave his hide at all so I think that the heavy weather may have affected us both.
I hope everyone here has had, or id still having, a good day.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
That is brilliant - thank goodness they were there.

Yes, you can see the poor turtle struggling to help! Wonder how long they can be out of water like that?

We visited Oman a few years ago and one of the little eco-friendly tours we did was to drive to a beach where turtles were known to surface. We saw many AND also collected a bag full of cuttlebones thst were all about the beach.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
We've had lots of rain today but the thunderstorms forecast for most of the day with yellow warnings didn't arrive.
I've had a thumping headache all day though and Lola didn't leave his hide at all so I think that the heavy weather may have affected us both.
I didn't have a headache but...it rained on and off all night and parts of the day. Saphire did get to go outside.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

I hope your head feels better quick and you and Lola are both back on track tomorrow