COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
The news of Selma’s gender reveal has travelled far and wide in my family. It’s gone from Scotland to the Isle of Wight, then to Gibraltar!

My grandparents must of spread it around.:eek: :D
So did he do the dirty deed in front of your grandpa and grandma? That's hilarious...

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good evenooning everyone.

We got to our final destination, Uzès (pronounced Ooz-Ezz), about 11am. We meandered round the town and the market, had lunch and then went to the supermarket before being let into our property. It’s 34C/94F and we were grateful for the pool once we had unloaded the car.

This is the Duché (pronounced Dooshay) ... the official residence of the Duke of Uzès until they cut his head off in the French Revolution in the late 1700s
View attachment 278221

And a couple of views from the pool... we are currently lounging in the shade with cold drinks under the canopy you can just see on the right
View attachment 278222
View attachment 278223
What a lovely place!
I'm sure you'll have a very relaxing time there.
Weather still pretty wild here, lots and lots of much needed rain but I didn't sleep much last night with the strong winds battering the house.
Should ease a bit by the morning.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

We got to our final destination, Uzès (pronounced Ooz-Ezz), about 11am. We meandered round the town and the market, had lunch and then went to the supermarket before being let into our property. It’s 34C/94F and we were grateful for the pool once we had unloaded the car.

This is the Duché (pronounced Dooshay) ... the official residence of the Duke of Uzès until they cut his head off in the French Revolution in the late 1700s
View attachment 278221

And a couple of views from the pool... we are currently lounging in the shade with cold drinks under the canopy you can just see on the right
View attachment 278222
View attachment 278223

Wow...looks relaxing!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

View attachment 278221

View attachment 278222
View attachment 278223

NICE

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
That IS a problem. My tortoise partner cleans them for me when he visits, but that isn't often enough. It costs $40 to have it done and I haven't felt I could afford that. Once I cancel cable I'll have a few extra bucks a month. I used to do it myself, but I don't feel safe anymore on the roof.
Don't get on the roof...I'm like the pot calling the kettle black with that statement. I won't get on a ladder anymore. I'm sick of injuries I live through. The work is still there injury or no...

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Don't get on the roof...I'm like the pot calling the kettle black with that statement. I won't get on a ladder anymore. I'm sick of injuries I live through. The work is still there injury or no...

I used to put up a “Few” Christmas lights. I stopped when I learned there is a hospital ER code for falling off a ladder putting up Christmas lights! [emoji23]IMG_1910.jpgIMG_1912.jpgIMG_1911.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I live on a busy street out in the country. Traffic is supposed to go 65mph, but most drive faster. That sends a lot of dust onto my panels and they really should be cleaned weekly. I can hose them off from the ground, but they really need to be brushed to get the dirt off. I have a nice long handled brush that I use, but I just don't feel safe up there anymore.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Sheesh! I can't imagine your power bill!!!!!

At the peak of almost 70,000 lights it was $187 extra a month. That was when led lights were in there infancy. Now 10,000 led lights costs like $3 extra in a month not to mention the lack of chords and circuits! Adding a second 200 AMP panel put stop to that!