COLD DARK ROOM

Ben02

Location (City and/or State)
Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Another reason to consider Hadlow College for your studies @Ben02

The new National Centre for Reptile Welfare is based there!
https://www.ncrw.co.uk/

This is about 10 minutes from where I live which is the downside [emoji6][emoji23]
Sounds like worth a visit, however it might be quite a long journey to and from there:eek:

Maybe after or during college I could try and volunteer there.

At my current college I only go in 3 times a week, rest of the time it’s theory. There’s a rota on who does the weekend duty.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Sounds like worth a visit, however it might be quite a long journey to and from there:eek:

Maybe after or during college I could try and volunteer there.

At my current college I only go in 3 times a week, rest of the time it’s theory. There’s a rota on who does the weekend duty.

Maybe for further education when you’re 18 ... and can drive :)

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good morning everyone!!! Wishing you all a wonderful Sunday!

Back at you. Gorgeous morning here, cooler temps, sunshine and zero humidity. I hardly know what to work on first! Banana tree already watered. I think I’ll go cut some grass and enjoy not sweating up a storm.

Was out kayaking yesterday morning and picked up some nice clean Elodea Anacharis from a fresh clean spring thst feeds the Chesapeake. I washed it clean, floating nicely in our tank and our fishies love hiding in it.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
xx

I wish I had gotten the backup battery unit when I bought my system. It could have easily been added onto the loan. It's paid off now and at my age I won't be taking out any more loans.
A friend of mine just got everything and cost him 34,000. At his age it doesn't make sense to me. It might be a good selling feature but I don't think you could up the price of your home 34,000. You did it right and got in early in age.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Good evenooning everyone.

We got to our final destination, Uzès (pronounced Ooz-Ezz), about 11am. We meandered round the town and the market, had lunch and then went to the supermarket before being let into our property. It’s 34C/94F and we were grateful for the pool once we had unloaded the car.

This is the Duché (pronounced Dooshay) ... the official residence of the Duke of Uzès until they cut his head off in the French Revolution in the late 1700s
View attachment 278221

And a couple of views from the pool... we are currently lounging in the shade with cold drinks under the canopy you can just see on the right
View attachment 278222
View attachment 278223
Looks like beautiful country and accommodations. Is it pronounced Ozz- Ezz at about 11am?What is it called at 12?

Bee62

Germany
Hello friends. I am still alive.....:D
Busy with cats on vacation, with my own pets, house and garden. But I am happy. Life is good ( as to say it with Adams @Tidgys Dad words ).
I`ve got 4 new furred family members. Baby cats ( British shorthair:<3: ) Pictures follow soon. :rolleyes: It is not easy to take good pictures of playing young cats !!!!:confused:
My sullies are mostly every day in their outdoor enclosure and walk back when it is getting too cold for them or the sun hides behind clouds. But summer is still fine. We have a lot of sunshine and warmth every day. I enjoy these days much. Soon they will be gone ....:(
I hope everybody is well. I haven`t the time to catch up. So I send all my best wishes and greetings to all my lovely roommates in the CDR and promise I will be back soon.
Until then: Please stay safe and healthy.
Best regards from Germany and Sabine and a lot of pets.:<3::<3::<3:

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I feel your pain Yvonne.

My electricity has doubled this last 12 months, as has my water bill.

I was paying around £100-120 a month for electricity , it’s now £230.

My water bill is £120 when it should be about £50

My heating is oil, there is no gas where I live so I have to fill the tank up. During the winter I was filling up on £300 of oil every 6/7 weeks!

I’ve never had such expensive bills and our lifestyle hasn’t changed, I just think the cost of living is going up and up
Ain't that the truth.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Busy with cats on vacation, with my own pets, house and garden. But I am happy. Life is good ( as to say it with Adams @Tidgys Dad words ).
I`ve got 4 new furred family members. Baby cats ( British shorthair:<3: ) Pictures follow soon. :rolleyes: It is not easy to take good pictures of playing young cats !!!!:confused:
My sullies are mostly every day in their outdoor enclosure and walk back when it is getting too cold for them or the sun hides behind clouds. But summer is still fine. We have a lot of sunshine and warmth every day. I enjoy these days much. Soon they will be gone ....:(
I hope everybody is well. I haven`t the time to catch up. So I send all my best wishes and greetings to all my lovely roommates in the CDR and promise I will be back soon.
Glad to hear from you Sabine. Have fun with your new friends.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hello everyone, I put coconut oil on Opo yesterday. Haven't done it that forever. Well last night/early morning I was out checking on Opo. He was jumping around in his hide. I got a flashlight and saw some ants crawling on him. So my wife and I brought him in rinsed him off and put him in the other hide with the Kane mat. We haven't been using it because in the summer Opo prefers the other hide. So I had to set the thermostat up and went back a few times during the night to check that the temp was ok. Time to do some ant killing :mad:

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hello! I'll be waiting for a new song and pictures when the weather coops us all up again.