COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Good evenooning all. We have driven 600mph and are in a cute little village for the night. I’ll try to take photos later

It’s sunny and warm
View attachment 278147
It's pouring down - has been on and off all day!
We also have a yellow warning for thunder and very strong winds tonight and tomorrow.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Bite your tongue, woman! Give away firewood? Never gonna' happen!! I use any burnable wood to heat my house.

I called a solar repair company to schedule a well-baby check on the solar system. They haven't returned my call yet. There' aren't too many companies who work on solar companies that were installed by a different company, and as luck would have it, my company has gone out of business.

My tortoise partner took a look at money saving/electricity saving ways, and that's where we came up with making night boxes and switching from pig blankets to RHP. But, as he's only here every three months, this falls mainly on me to build.
Oops! Tongue well and truly bitten!!:)
I guess every cloud has a silver lining then!
I bet it smells lovely when it burns too.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
That's a shame they were probably there before the lawns!
People should gather the soil from the mole hills and use it for their gardens or tubs.

I would cheerfully gather all my little squatters and send them your way.. they are VERY unappreciated at my house ! They kill all the nicely growing tortoise food!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
So - ROKU goes through your HDMI cable (and Internet), TV via your digital antenna is direct. So unless you use your remote and “select” HDMI you are usng your antenna.

Hope that makes sense.
Would even maybe have to choose 'source' on her remote to change to HDMI?
I have to but it may be different for US

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Look at this guy, he was very aggressive. I tried to put him in a cup so I could take him outside but I was met with him going in to is defence pose, front legs on the air. We very rarely get aggressive spiders in the UK, very odd....

Attachments

• 0852C062-0FB3-406C-B0B3-52B41FBFFFB5.jpeg
    0852C062-0FB3-406C-B0B3-52B41FBFFFB5.jpeg
    577.5 KB · Views: 3

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Look at this guy, he was very aggressive. I tried to put him in a cup so I could take him outside but I was met with him going in to is defence pose, front legs on the air. We very rarely get aggressive spiders in the UK, very odd....
I have a 'spider picker upper' because I won't kill them but don't like them in the house - at least I don't like the ones I can see.
It's like a pyramid on a handle with a sliding base and is very handy for moving them out of my space.
It's like this - you have to be careful you don't catch their legs so I slide the base across carefully.
31HLe2yIkiL.jpg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
1565397281979-57629306.jpg
I have a cup labeled the "bug hunting device". I slide something under it after I set it over the dumb bug. Then turn it foot loose outside.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Have you had the panels cleaned? That alone can steal some of your output. You need to find the Watts each item draws and add them up. At first glance you draw more than you produce. Each solar panel has a max rate ( generally in the 200-300 watt) when perfectly aligned with the sun. Even a few degrees steals watts and I guess you don’t have an auto tracking system ($$$$$). Add some dust and the 200-300 watts is practically half that. I understand how dusty it is out there my mom is in Sun City and 10 miles east from is all dust bowl! Wish you the best!