COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Lot of activity there!
Can a french guy join the conversation? Sorry in advance for my english level... :p

Of course a French guy can join.

We are an international bunch of friends and idiots who sometimes talk about tortoises, frequently talk nonsense and are always around to support each other.

Chatters in here come from South Africa, Germany, USA, Canada, UK, Germany, Jordan, Morocco... @Reptilony aka Olivier is French Canadian

So many cultures to learn about :) We are happy to explain when we don’t understand... even those with English as a common language don’t understand each other sometimes.

I am Linda and from the UK. I am currently on holiday in Uzès in the Gard region of France :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
And here’s a more full explanation of the CDR as founded by @tidgy’s dad when we Brits got told off for using too many puns :D

We’re an international bunch of idiots and friends here who sometimes talk tortoise and fairly regularly talk puns and nonsense.

Pull up an armadillo and the one-legged pirate will be along shortly to bring you your beverage of choice. The big armadillo is called Montgomery and is a very obliging coffee table, especially if you dust him or tickle him under the chin.

It’s rather gloomy in here, but the flying jellyfish glow a little brighter when you polish them. The blueberry ones seem to be glowing brightest at the moment.

Watch your step; it’s easy to stub your toe on the hedgehogs in the gloom. The wool spider, if she exists, seems to be in a better mood since we locked the leprechaun in a jellyfish tank. The snow leopard is very friendly and eats carrots :)

Clear as mud, isn’t it? [emoji23]

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
And here’s a more full explanation of the CDR as founded by @tidgy’s dad when we Brits got told off for using too many puns :D

We’re an international bunch of idiots and friends here who sometimes talk tortoise and fairly regularly talk puns and nonsense.

Pull up an armadillo and the one-legged pirate will be along shortly to bring you your beverage of choice. The big armadillo is called Montgomery and is a very obliging coffee table, especially if you dust him or tickle him under the chin.

It’s rather gloomy in here, but the flying jellyfish glow a little brighter when you polish them. The blueberry ones seem to be glowing brightest at the moment.

Watch your step; it’s easy to stub your toe on the hedgehogs in the gloom. The wool spider, if she exists, seems to be in a better mood since we locked the leprechaun in a jellyfish tank. The snow leopard is very friendly and eats carrots :)

Clear as mud, isn’t it? [emoji23]
I was wondering why there was skittles floating in the jellyfish tank

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning all!
Update on the ducklings.... I got home yesterday to find that there was not much progress on any of the other 5 eggs..you could see where 1 had been trying really hard to “unzip”... I knew in my heart something was wrong so I was faced with the deadly decision to help or not. Now I had 1 healthy duckling in the incubator and 5 eggs with holes that were starting to turn brown 28 hours and counting.. I decidedthat the emergency eggstraction was necessary...
I got out my tools and helped each egg unzip . Rewrapped them in wet paper towels and placed them back in the incubator.. Removing the one duckling of course.. and I was SUCCESSFUL... skipping many nerve wracking details, I have all six healthy ducklings this morning!!! I’m not sure what went wrong, but the membranes were way to thick. I am certain that they would have all died... don’t know if I will do this again[emoji21]
IMG_3921.jpgIMG_3934.jpg

Bébert81

Toulouse, France
Thanks all for your warm welcoming!
Let's introduce myself here!
I'm Adrien, 28, I come from Castres in Tarn (we have a good rugby team), married with a Tunisian girl I met when I was expatriated in Tunisia for my last work, living in Toulouse and working in a big aircraft building company... ;)
I'm involved in French organizations for conservation and I was involved in Tunisia on the Testudo graeca nabeulensis conservation center.
Interested in african/madasgarian tortoises/turtles. I had more when I was living in France but had to give the majority to permitte me to go in Tunisia (lived there until September 2018). Then, I only have my Pelusios carinatus at home, Pelusios nanus very soon and Agrionemys horsfieldii in a outdoor enclosure on my parents garden. Hope I'll have some Kinixys erosa on the next year (looking for informations I will create my topic).

I am Linda and from the UK. I am currently on holiday in Uzès in the Gard region of France :)
Nice to meet you Linda, in Uzès you can visit the "SOPTOM Tortues" which is a tortoises/turtles sanctuary owned by the Vice-President of the French Tortoise Federation (FFEPT in french) and a good friend of mine, tell me if you want more details. ;)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all!
Update on the ducklings.... I got home yesterday to find that there was not much progress on any of the other 5 eggs..you could see where 1 had been trying really hard to “unzip”... I knew in my heart something was wrong so I was faced with the deadly decision to help or not. Now I had 1 healthy duckling in the incubator and 5 eggs with holes that were starting to turn brown 28 hours and counting.. I decidedthat the emergency eggstraction was necessary...
I got out my tools and helped each egg unzip . Rewrapped them in wet paper towels and placed them back in the incubator.. Removing the one duckling of course.. and I was SUCCESSFUL... skipping many nerve wracking details, I have all six healthy ducklings this morning!!! I’m not sure what went wrong, but the membranes were way to thick. I am certain that they would have all died... don’t know if I will do this again[emoji21]
View attachment 279081View attachment 279082
Well done Ellie on performing 5 successful cesareans!
You have a lovely little family there.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Thanks all for your warm welcoming!
Let's introduce myself here!
I'm Adrien, 28, I come from Castres in Tarn (we have a good rugby team), married with a Tunisian girl I met when I was expatriated in Tunisia for my last work, living in Toulouse and working in a big aircraft building company... ;)
I'm involved in French organizations for conservation and I was involved in Tunisia on the Testudo graeca nabeulensis conservation center.
Interested in african/madasgarian tortoises/turtles. I had more when I was living in France but had to give the majority to permitte me to go in Tunisia (lived there until September 2018). Then, I only have my Pelusios carinatus at home, Pelusios nanus very soon and Agrionemys horsfieldii in a outdoor enclosure on my parents garden. Hope I'll have some Kinixys erosa on the next year (looking for informations I will create my topic).

Nice to meet you Linda, in Uzès you can visit the "SOPTOM Tortues" which is a tortoises/turtles sanctuary owned by the Vice-President of the French Tortoise Federation (FFEPT in french) and a good friend of mine, tell me if you want more details. ;)
Hi Adrien and welcome.
What an interesting life you have had. @Tidgys Dad lives in Morocco and has an interest in the wild torts of the country.
Your English is very good - much better than our French!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good afternoon/morning all.
Monday is a bank holiday in the UK so it will be a nice long weekend for most people, and the weather is going to be hot and sunny!

Lola gave me a heart attack last night.
I went to put his lights out but he wasn't in his hide or anywhere in his room.
I thought he had stayed outside so I was out searching in the bushes with a torch for ages and was worried he would get too cold.
Eventually I gave up and came in, then I noticed him in a corner under a dining chair in my kitchen!
He must have sneaked in when I was cleaning his room and forgot to shut the kitchen door.
I was pretty relieved he wasn't out all night.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Bébert81

Toulouse, France
Hi Adrien and welcome.
What an interesting life you have had. @Tidgys Dad lives in Morocco and has an interest in the wild torts of the country.
Your English is very good - much better than our French!
Thanks, I'm used to speak english everyday with my colleagues!
I'm trying to keep have a good life haha...
Ho nice, Morocco is a good country too, lucky @Tidgys Dad!

Haha your Lola shouldn't understand with you came to asleep her... :p

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Monday is a bank holiday in the UK so it will be a nice long weekend for most people, and the weather is going to be hot and sunny!

I thought he had stayed outside so I was out searching in the bushes with a torch for ages and was worried he would get too cold.
Eventually I gave up and came in, then I noticed him in a corner under a dining chair in my kitchen!
He must have sneaked in when I was cleaning his room and forgot to shut the kitchen door.

Lucky you! Enjoy your long weekend

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I was wondering why there was skittles floating in the jellyfish tank

Oh no! Has the leprechaun overdosed on sugars again? We keep hi, locked in there to keep him out of mischief. Anything could happen now! @Bee62 get Chilly and Willy to lock up the bar fast!

Bee62

Germany
Ahh - another one of my favourites Sabine.
Bette Midler sang it in the film 'The Rose' which is loosely based on the singer Janis Joplin.
You have yet again given us a terrific version Sabine Thank you
Hi Lyn. Thank you very much for your kind words. It is fine that you like the song and my version too.:)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning all!
View attachment 279081View attachment 279082

Well done! Perfect egssample of how to do it in an emergency :)

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

That Lola is always pulling pranks!! Life will will never be boring:)