• Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

COLD DARK ROOM

Bébert81

Location (City and/or State)
Toulouse, France

Bébert81

Toulouse, France
Got it now. St Quentin la Poterie about 10 minutes from where we are staying :)
Don't remember exactly but very close to Uzès when I did it by car! :)
It's not a public park but I think you can easily visit it if you say that you know Adrien the Pelusios guy involved on the FFEPT's facebook page. ;)

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good morning all!
Update on the ducklings.... I got home yesterday to find that there was not much progress on any of the other 5 eggs..you could see where 1 had been trying really hard to “unzip”... I knew in my heart something was wrong so I was faced with the deadly decision to help or not. Now I had 1 healthy duckling in the incubator and 5 eggs with holes that were starting to turn brown 28 hours and counting.. I decidedthat the emergency eggstraction was necessary...
I got out my tools and helped each egg unzip . Rewrapped them in wet paper towels and placed them back in the incubator.. Removing the one duckling of course.. and I was SUCCESSFUL... skipping many nerve wracking details, I have all six healthy ducklings this morning!!! I’m not sure what went wrong, but the membranes were way to thick. I am certain that they would have all died... don’t know if I will do this again[emoji21]
View attachment 279081View attachment 279082
Ogh my godh - great job Dr Ellie

Kristoff

Ottawa, Ontario
Good morning all!
Update on the ducklings.... I got home yesterday to find that there was not much progress on any of the other 5 eggs..you could see where 1 had been trying really hard to “unzip”... I knew in my heart something was wrong so I was faced with the deadly decision to help or not. Now I had 1 healthy duckling in the incubator and 5 eggs with holes that were starting to turn brown 28 hours and counting.. I decidedthat the emergency eggstraction was necessary...
I got out my tools and helped each egg unzip . Rewrapped them in wet paper towels and placed them back in the incubator.. Removing the one duckling of course.. and I was SUCCESSFUL... skipping many nerve wracking details, I have all six healthy ducklings this morning!!! I’m not sure what went wrong, but the membranes were way to thick. I am certain that they would have all died... don’t know if I will do this again[emoji21]
View attachment 279081View attachment 279082
They’re so cute! Even my carnivorous self has to admit it.

What happened with your Thanksgiving turkeys?

Kristoff

Ottawa, Ontario
Good afternoon/morning all.
Monday is a bank holiday in the UK so it will be a nice long weekend for most people, and the weather is going to be hot and sunny!

Lola gave me a heart attack last night.
I went to put his lights out but he wasn't in his hide or anywhere in his room.
I thought he had stayed outside so I was out searching in the bushes with a torch for ages and was worried he would get too cold.
Eventually I gave up and came in, then I noticed him in a corner under a dining chair in my kitchen!
He must have sneaked in when I was cleaning his room and forgot to shut the kitchen door.
I was pretty relieved he wasn't out all night.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Oh Lola, what a naughty boy! Glad he didn’t go awol too far.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good afternoonevening Alles. Ok, just back from a few hours of crabbing at one of the local spots where I also go kayaking during the week. We were using both chicken drum sticks and clams/mussels for bait - chicken won out. We caught enough for a nice crab cake dinner later this evening.

For those who don’t know - these are Chesapeake Bay Blue Crabs. It’s prime season now while the waters are warm. They need to be Males and 5 and 1/4 inch long to be harvested.

BC14F08F-C8B0-45D3-84A0-98EB41B21CDE.jpeg
Not Bad - Dinner Plate Size

C200FA21-15D8-405A-9970-5240A5EAB6B6.jpeg
A Collander & More Full

FB158F32-313F-47A4-8C7C-62A7F6D7DC9A.jpeg
Steaming

B7809027-25BF-4B1C-A715-6D9B6AF4618C.jpeg
Getting Ready to Steam