COLD DARK ROOM

Bébert81

Location (City and/or State)
Toulouse, France

Bébert81

Toulouse, France
Got it now. St Quentin la Poterie about 10 minutes from where we are staying :)
Don't remember exactly but very close to Uzès when I did it by car! :)
It's not a public park but I think you can easily visit it if you say that you know Adrien the Pelusios guy involved on the FFEPT's facebook page. ;)

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good morning all!
Update on the ducklings.... I got home yesterday to find that there was not much progress on any of the other 5 eggs..you could see where 1 had been trying really hard to “unzip”... I knew in my heart something was wrong so I was faced with the deadly decision to help or not. Now I had 1 healthy duckling in the incubator and 5 eggs with holes that were starting to turn brown 28 hours and counting.. I decidedthat the emergency eggstraction was necessary...
I got out my tools and helped each egg unzip . Rewrapped them in wet paper towels and placed them back in the incubator.. Removing the one duckling of course.. and I was SUCCESSFUL... skipping many nerve wracking details, I have all six healthy ducklings this morning!!! I’m not sure what went wrong, but the membranes were way to thick. I am certain that they would have all died... don’t know if I will do this again[emoji21]
View attachment 279081View attachment 279082

Ogh my godh - great job Dr Ellie

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good morning all!
Update on the ducklings.... I got home yesterday to find that there was not much progress on any of the other 5 eggs..you could see where 1 had been trying really hard to “unzip”... I knew in my heart something was wrong so I was faced with the deadly decision to help or not. Now I had 1 healthy duckling in the incubator and 5 eggs with holes that were starting to turn brown 28 hours and counting.. I decidedthat the emergency eggstraction was necessary...
I got out my tools and helped each egg unzip . Rewrapped them in wet paper towels and placed them back in the incubator.. Removing the one duckling of course.. and I was SUCCESSFUL... skipping many nerve wracking details, I have all six healthy ducklings this morning!!! I’m not sure what went wrong, but the membranes were way to thick. I am certain that they would have all died... don’t know if I will do this again[emoji21]
View attachment 279081View attachment 279082

They’re so cute! Even my carnivorous self has to admit it.

What happened with your Thanksgiving turkeys?

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good afternoon/morning all.
Monday is a bank holiday in the UK so it will be a nice long weekend for most people, and the weather is going to be hot and sunny!

Lola gave me a heart attack last night.
I went to put his lights out but he wasn't in his hide or anywhere in his room.
I thought he had stayed outside so I was out searching in the bushes with a torch for ages and was worried he would get too cold.
Eventually I gave up and came in, then I noticed him in a corner under a dining chair in my kitchen!
He must have sneaked in when I was cleaning his room and forgot to shut the kitchen door.
I was pretty relieved he wasn't out all night.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Oh Lola, what a naughty boy! Glad he didn’t go awol too far.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good afternoonevening Alles. Ok, just back from a few hours of crabbing at one of the local spots where I also go kayaking during the week. We were using both chicken drum sticks and clams/mussels for bait - chicken won out. We caught enough for a nice crab cake dinner later this evening.

For those who don’t know - these are Chesapeake Bay Blue Crabs. It’s prime season now while the waters are warm. They need to be Males and 5 and 1/4 inch long to be harvested.

BC14F08F-C8B0-45D3-84A0-98EB41B21CDE.jpeg
Not Bad - Dinner Plate Size

C200FA21-15D8-405A-9970-5240A5EAB6B6.jpeg
A Collander & More Full

FB158F32-313F-47A4-8C7C-62A7F6D7DC9A.jpeg
Steaming

B7809027-25BF-4B1C-A715-6D9B6AF4618C.jpeg
Getting Ready to Steam