5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
In The It’s Always Something Department - i think our push lawn mower is on the fritz :-( it’s putting out a cloud of smoke, caused by oil dripping on the hot engine. The kind of not fixable issue.
  • PRO - makes a cloud of smoke that clearS mosquitoes for miles,
  • CON - last legs, and it’s a sign of sudden death. New mower $400 (yikes)

Ok....Update: after some internet research, then some checking to see what is available locally, we made a trek over to our local Lowes and bought a brandy new Craftsman self-propelled front wheel drive 21 inch cut “push” mower complete with a Honda 160cc engine. Our previous two mowers were Troy Built with Briggs & Strstton engines. I’m now convinced they are meant to have engine failure at the 2-3 yesr period. Second B&S mower/motor to fail at the three year mark.

Anyhow, new mower is home, out of the box, assembled, filled with both oil and gas/petrol and started on the very first 1/2 pull. Runs like a champ.

Final cost $315.00 - wifey had a 10% coupon in her back pocket for such an (unscheduled) expense.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Nope never watched that one either. Do you watch movies like the "Wrong turn"? Hubby loves scary movies and the one day he convinced me to watch Wrong Turn with him, with a promise that he would stay awake for the whole movie (He normally falls asleep within the trailers!!) Well I lasted 5 minutes, Hubby had fallen asleep again and I just could not watch anymore. The little bit that I did watch I think scarred me for life.
Wrong turn crazy movie

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
Ok....Update: after some internet research, then some checking to see what is available locally, we made a trek over to our local Lowes and bought a brandy new Craftsman self-propelled front wheel drive 21 inch cut “push” mower complete with a Honda 160cc engine. Our previous two mowers were Troy Built with Briggs & Strstton engines. I’m now convinced they are meant to have engine failure at the 2-3 yesr period. Second B&S mower/motor to fail at the three year mark.

Anyhow, new mower is home, out of the box, assembled, filled with both oil and gas/petrol and started on the very first 1/2 pull. Runs like a champ.

Final cost $315.00 - wifey had a 10% coupon in her back pocket for such an (unscheduled) expense.
So the lawnmower warranty runs out at the two year mark?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I love love love that picture. I actually live in the same city with another member. A young person that works in a pet shop I go to.

That’s great.. even better that a pet shop worker is a member here. Gives you hope for the care there.. It’s always nice to connect with people that have the same loves that you do!

Pastel Tortie

North Florida

Smart wifey. If you don't stash some of those coupons for a rainy day, you won't be able to find them when you need them.

Just make sure you put them in a water resistant bag so they don't get wet... ;)

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

I think all of the BRANDS that were “true” are failing these days. Guess companies get too comfortable in their success and don’t strive so hard for the quality?? Who can say, but i am a huge fan of Honda Motors.. they seem to last forever still. Good luck! And good job Wifey on the coupon.. I LOVE a price break!!!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I hear sheep do a good job of keeping lawns trimmed... Just need a lawn care guy with a border collie!

Soooooooo, here in the CDR, ppl will believe this. When I lived in the UK/North Yorkshire, i lived out in the country on a large estste, but in the Game Keepers Cottage (aka Keepers Cottage). Had a very large front and back garden that blended right into the local farmers fields. I ended up buying three Jacob Sheep that helped msintsin the gardens. So.....it CAN work, but prob not here at this house and time.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Whahaha. I have never watched scary movies ever since I was about 7 or 8 and watched dracula. Then when I met my husband, there was a roaming cinema and we went to the last show. The whole way while we drove to the place where it was set up, they were all teasing me and saying that Aliens 3 was going to be showing. And guess what - it did. I watched the whole movie through my fingers and afterwards realized that it was not so bad. But I still really don't like watching scary movies. I am not into having my heart jump into my toes every 5 seconds.
Me too. I end up perched on something with my eyes covered. Chirping eeek...

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
I try not to watch scary movies either. If I do, it has to be during the daytime, and I have to follow up with something non-scary to relax my mind. Otherwise..... Well, I'm a contingency planner who majored with an emphasis in creative writing... I really don't need any help to disrupt my sleep/dreams.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
That’s great.. even better that a pet shop worker is a member here. Gives you hope for the care there.. It’s always nice to connect with people that have the same loves that you do!
He didn't buy his Russian there because they don't sell tortoises...and that's even better. They mainly sell supplies.