COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Good morning!!

I wanted to share my new love!! Grandson #2, Julian Gray.

It’s been very emotionally draining around here.
We’ve attended 3 funerals in the past 3 weeks and I’m done!!
My husband is recovering from his back surgery and just started back to work this week.

My kids are back in school and my oldest has his driving permit and had his first driving lesson with a really nice lady.
I remember grumpy old men teaching us!

Both my kids are taller than me and I’m 5’7.

Trying to read here but haven’t participated [emoji20]

View attachment 279566
God sent some cheer. Congratulations on your new grand!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
View attachment 279549

I got a bigger phone, so the mobile version doesn’t look too bad anymore. But here’s a side-by-side comparison. I’d pay for the App. The font is bigger and the interface is cleaner. On a smaller phone, the difference is huge. Sigh.

I'm confused. Which one is going away?

The one on the right, the app, is going. Lena seems to have the app in “night mode” hence the black background

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Good morning!!

My husband is recovering from his back surgery and just started back to work this week.

My kids are back in school and my oldest has his driving permit and had his first driving lesson with a really nice lady.

View attachment 279566
He’s got a cool little baby beanie hat:)

I was a fat baby, I still get teased for that by my sister;)

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I’m certain Marge is a girl, her tail is very short and has a puckered cloaca unlike Patty and Selma who have a longer slit instead. Margo is a confirmed female.

Selma ermm .... seems to be in a romantic relationship with a certain rock in his enclosure..... my sister called the rock “Judy”

Now when I’m out I get text messages from my mum saying “ Selma is on a date with Judy” and you can guess what Selma is doing to that poor poor rock:eek:

Here’s a pic of Judy the rock. I personally don’t know what Selma sees in her. I’m going to wash my hands now:D
Well...at least the pretty little rocking Judy can't fight back and scar Selma for life.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
The drain cover!? That’s one I haven’t heard of:D

I always knew when Joe had escaped his bit of the garden because he just had to ram the wheelie bin. I would be walking home from work and could hear it from the end of the road... a steady rhythmic thunk of tortoise hitting bin [emoji23]

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hello everyone haven't been on for a few days. It's bad when my painkillers don't give me relief. Now I need to get a few things ready for the hurricane. As of now one of the tracks take it right over us.
Not sure if I will leave and go to Georgia or stay and ride it out.
What ever I do Opo will be stressed because he will be out of his element.

Take care Ray. Get everything sealed, honker down!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Thanks your right Opo doesn't need a lot of attention but the joy I get from him is 10 fold.
My thoughts and prayers are for Florida...and my many many friends there. But also I have friends in the Carolinas too sooo...the last time I watched no one had a clear forecast of where "Dorian"? will land...then travel...You, Rose, and Opo be safe.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good morning!!

View attachment 279566

What a busy time, both good and bad. Hope you’re well, gorgeous. Julian Gray is sooo cute. [emoji7]

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good evenooning all.

I have been at the Rescue feeding birds today. The number of wood pigeons and collared doves has increased dramatically - they breed year round. The number of other baby birds is much smaller because their breeding season is coming to an end.

We have to new adult bird admissions... this Tawny Owl who goes fierce like this every time you approach and then turns into a softy as soon as she realises you have food
View attachment 279580

And this Common Buzzard who isn’t feeling too good at the moment, but now we have treated for a heavy parasite load he’s started eating too and will hopefully pick up quickly.
View attachment 279581

That Tawny sounds a lot like Kristoff... [emoji23]

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Well...at least the pretty little rocking Judy can't fight back and scar Selma for life.
Let’s hope they don’t go through a “rocky” patch in their relationship..... Ha... get it? “Rocky”.. no?... I’ll let myself out:D