COLD DARK ROOM

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hello everyone haven't been on for a few days. It's bad when my painkillers don't give me relief. Now I need to get a few things ready for the hurricane. As of now one of the tracks take it right over us.
Not sure if I will leave and go to Georgia or stay and ride it out.
What ever I do Opo will be stressed because he will be out of his element.
Sending good vibes your way for you and your property to be safe.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning!!

I wanted to share my new love!! Grandson #2, Julian Gray.

It’s been very emotionally draining around here.
We’ve attended 3 funerals in the past 3 weeks and I’m done!!
My husband is recovering from his back surgery and just started back to work this week.

My kids are back in school and my oldest has his driving permit and had his first driving lesson with a really nice lady.
I remember grumpy old men teaching us!

Both my kids are taller than me and I’m 5’7.

Trying to read here but haven’t participated [emoji20]

View attachment 279566

Beautiful Baby and GrandmMom!!! I wish for you some rest and relaxation... you’ll need it :)))
Glad your hubby is back out n about.

God bless u and Family, Kathy!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Hello everyone haven't been on for a few days. It's bad when my painkillers don't give me relief. Now I need to get a few things ready for the hurricane. As of now one of the tracks take it right over us.
Not sure if I will leave and go to Georgia or stay and ride it out.
What ever I do Opo will be stressed because he will be out of his element.

Dang Ray.. praying for your relief! Y’all stay safe whatever you do. I think we are tortoise keepers because we have such volatile lives and they can withstand it [emoji6]

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning!!

I wanted to share my new love!! Grandson #2, Julian Gray.

It’s been very emotionally draining around here.
We’ve attended 3 funerals in the past 3 weeks and I’m done!!
My husband is recovering from his back surgery and just started back to work this week.

My kids are back in school and my oldest has his driving permit and had his first driving lesson with a really nice lady.
I remember grumpy old men teaching us!

Both my kids are taller than me and I’m 5’7.

Trying to read here but haven’t participated [emoji20]

View attachment 279566

Congratulations Cathy! A ray of light in otherwise difficult times,

Look after yourself

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good evenooning all.

I have been at the Rescue feeding birds today. The number of wood pigeons and collared doves has increased dramatically - they breed year round. The number of other baby birds is much smaller because their breeding season is coming to an end.

We have to new adult bird admissions... this Tawny Owl who goes fierce like this every time you approach and then turns into a softy as soon as she realises you have food
IMG_0443.jpg

And this Common Buzzard who isn’t feeling too good at the moment, but now we have treated for a heavy parasite load he’s started eating too and will hopefully pick up quickly.
IMG_0442.jpg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It’s sad! She’s been raised as a house pet and is a TOTAL Beeeeeotchhhhh, yet the wild cat I trapped is a complete lounger with me:) Your Dilly is handsome . Cats have amazing personality’s...
if I ever lived far enough away from people, I’d love to have a large cat sanctuary.
The only real time he gets nasty is if I try to stop petting him. Or when he pretends he's a lion that can swing through the trees or ricochet up the walls...any other time he's a housewuss.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
View attachment 279549

I got a bigger phone, so the mobile version doesn’t look too bad anymore. But here’s a side-by-side comparison. I’d pay for the App. The font is bigger and the interface is cleaner. On a smaller phone, the difference is huge. Sigh.
I'm confused. Which one is going away?

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Lol!!! You don’t have much luck in the naming department:)))
I’m certain Marge is a girl, her tail is very short and has a puckered cloaca unlike Patty and Selma who have a longer slit instead. Margo is a confirmed female.

Selma ermm .... seems to be in a romantic relationship with a certain rock in his enclosure..... my sister called the rock “Judy”

Now when I’m out I get text messages from my mum saying “ Selma is on a date with Judy” and you can guess what Selma is doing to that poor poor rock:eek:

Here’s a pic of Judy the rock. I personally don’t know what Selma sees in her. I’m going to wash my hands now:D

Attachments

• AD5D2E5E-50E2-4A5B-81BB-9B9503CC3489.jpeg
    AD5D2E5E-50E2-4A5B-81BB-9B9503CC3489.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Dang Ray.. praying for your relief! Y’all stay safe whatever you do. I think we are tortoise keepers because we have such volatile lives and they can withstand it [emoji6]
Thanks your right Opo doesn't need a lot of attention but the joy I get from him is 10 fold.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I’m certain Marge is a girl, her tail is very short and has a puckered cloaca unlike Patty and Selma who have a longer slit instead. Margo is a confirmed female.

Selma ermm .... seems to be in a romantic relationship with a certain rock in his enclosure..... my sister called the rock “Judy”

Now when I’m out I get text messages from my mum saying “ Selma is on a date with Judy” and you can guess what Selma is doing to that poor poor rock:eek:

Here’s a pic of Judy the rock. I personally don’t know what Selma sees in her. I’m going to wash my hands now:D
That's crazy I guess it would be a good idea to wash your hands.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Good evenooning all.

I have been at the Rescue feeding birds today. The number of wood pigeons and collared doves has increased dramatically - they breed year round. The number of other baby birds is much smaller because their breeding season is coming to an end.

We have to new adult bird admissions... this Tawny Owl who goes fierce like this every time you approach and then turns into a softy as soon as she realises you have food
View attachment 279580

And this Common Buzzard who isn’t feeling too good at the moment, but now we have treated for a heavy parasite load he’s started eating too and will hopefully pick up quickly.
View attachment 279581
Owls are one of my favorites!.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good evenooning all.

View attachment 279580

View attachment 279581

I love owls! Beautiful birds! Your common buzzard doesn’t look like ours.. he’s beautiful like our hawk..
IMG_4075.jpgIMG_4076.jpg

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

LOL [emoji23]

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
You have noooo idea. I just cannot understand why people actually want to see movies about people cutting up each other. The world is evil enough without having to watch it as entertainment. Just saying....
Yes, and since those movies can affect adults like they do...why expose children?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Haha, same here! I hate planning and loved it when my mom had it all under control. I wonder if she felt the same way about her mom, though. [emoji23]
Most surely!!! I still use some of my mom's dinner plans when I don't wanna think up something different then the same old stuff.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

Joe had relationships with shoes, the slug pub, flower pots, shoes, the drain cover, the garden trug, shoes, rocks, bin bags, ... did I mention shoes?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England