COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
A different company. So far he’s had two Skype interviews with people in the USA. The next step is to meet the UK management. It’s a global financial services business that wants an in-house design team in the UK. He currently works for a small company that does design for lots of businesses
I hope it all goes well for him.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
The fireworks started yesterday here :(

The town public display is tomorrow. Fireworks will be going off every night until next weekend is over I expect.
We've had them since last weekend going off at random times - even 4 am!
Kids are also throwing them at cars and startling drivers too but the police don't really have the resources to catch the little b's!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I thought I was going to be able to find a 'work around' for posting pictures, and I sent the picture of Charlie at my back door to myself in an email. Then I was going to copy/paste it here. But my computer is smarter than I. Earlier I answered a post and added a copy/paste picture from Google of a CHE, and when I 'paste' charlie's picture here, the CHE shows up. No matter if I 'esc' the CHE picture and re-copy Charlie's picture, that's all that will post. So, my friends, here is Charlie at my back door, looking in the window at me:

CE-100_Ceramic_Infrared_Heat_Emitter_Alt.jpg

LOL!!!!!
I was trying to print today for the cards and ran out of yellow ink...I guess it's just the way things are going. For now...

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Happy Saturday all. Sorry I have been gone so long, but I have been out and about doing things and not having the app makes getting on here a pain.

All is well, if rather windy and wet, in my corner of the UK. Daughter has a new flatmate and son has an interview for a new job.

If the weather improves we might go out birdwatching tomorrow. I can’t post photos because the forum is broken and won’t let me :(
Glad to read that your MIA is only due to life in general

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Anyone wondering if we’re mostly to blame for this? :D

I did always wonder about this.....all of the photos (and general banter/data) DOES take up storage space, which is not infinite. I know a few of my Meet Up Groups (also pix heavy) occasionally have the same issue.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning all and happy Sunday. It’s been busy in this household lately especially adding a new puppy in the mix. The training is so important for a happy and healthy future but the consistency needed is exhausting. I wouldn’t undo one minute though.. very in love with my new companion. My tortoises are all inside the bathroom at the moment enjoying a nice hot soak. Ferrets are already back in bed after two hours of wild playtime and some of moms coffee.. the other cats, dogs, & horses are doing well doing what they do. Not to forget Chomper and the fish.. also doing just fine:)) Daughter left early this morning to go visit the boyfriend before work... this is relatively new as she has not tied herself to any one boy in the past... . I am struggling with this trying to allow her room to make her own decisions yet still being the crazy overprotective mom that instinctively am. Hubby is still on work time, returning home Tuesday. Step daughter at her moms, so it’s just me and little man this morning.. we may venture to Wally World today to restock the pantry.. that’s all for now:) everyone have a wonderful day!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Good morning all and happy Sunday. It’s been busy in this household lately especially adding a new puppy in the mix. The training is so important for a happy and healthy future but the consistency needed is exhausting. I wouldn’t undo one minute though.. very in love with my new companion. My tortoises are all inside the bathroom at the moment enjoying a nice hot soak. Ferrets are already back in bed after two hours of wild playtime and some of moms coffee.. the other cats, dogs, & horses are doing well doing what they do. Not to forget Chomper and the fish.. also doing just fine:)) Daughter left early this morning to go visit the boyfriend before work... this is relatively new as she has not tied herself to any one boy in the past... . I am struggling with this trying to allow her room to make her own decisions yet still being the crazy overprotective mom that instinctively am. Hubby is still on work time, returning home Tuesday. Step daughter at her moms, so it’s just me and little man this morning.. we may venture to Wally World today to restock the pantry.. that’s all for now:) everyone have a wonderful day!
That's a nice little catch up for us. Helps us get to know you better. Wally world, huh? Do you find their prices to be better than regular grocery stores? The only thing I buy there is T-paper, because I appreciate their cheapest brand as being very light weight and easier on my septic system. I'll be glad when we can post pictures again. I fear we're missing out on all the cuteness of new puppyhood.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Since I had a new inverter put on my solar system I'be been reading the 'meter' daily so as to be on top of any drastic changes. It's been showing pretty regularly that my system is putting out 15 to 17 kwh a day. If I keep the panels free of dust, it's 17 kwh a day. For the past couple days it has shown 15, so I knew I had to wash the panels this week-end. I just don't feel safe on the roof, so I though I would jury rig a scaffold and wash them from the ground. I have a very sturdy piece of 2x6x10 and I set it up on a taller rung of two ladders. Then I gently climbed one of the ladders and started to step off onto the board. It was sturdy enough to hold my weight, however, I needed a railing to keep myself steady on it. So I got the push broom, but it wasn't tall enough. I got Webster and extended his handle, but that still wasn't tall enough. So I gave up on the scaffold idea and just climbed the ladder. I ended up with a very unsatisfactory job. There's a big tree in the middle of the front of my house, so the panels in the center I couldn't reach. Then the water coming down off the roof got me wet and it's COLD OUT THERE!!! So I gave it up. I guess next week-end I'll just climb up onto the roof and do a good job of it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Last year when I got turkey-dinner-fever towards the end of October the grocery store where I normally shop didn't have turkeys in yet. I haven't had turkey-dinner-fever yet this year, but Thursday when I went shopping the store has a BIG open topped chest freezer plumb FULL of frozen turkeys. They also had frozen turkey breasts. So I bought one. It's been slowly roasting in my oven since 7a and the house smells WONDERFUL!!!

. . . and I missed sleeping in an extra hour, darn it! I didn't realize it was daylight savings time last night and so woke up at my normal time (thanks, Misty and Little Missy Kitty!!). Oh well, it gave me more time to get my outdoor chores done.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
That sounds like a wonderful relaxing day to me. Coffee with the ferrets. A new baby to play with. Older babies to outsmart too...Hope you got some bargains.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Last year when I got turkey-dinner-fever towards the end of October the grocery store where I normally shop didn't have turkeys in yet. I haven't had turkey-dinner-fever yet this year, but Thursday when I went shopping the store has a BIG open topped chest freezer plumb FULL of frozen turkeys. They also had frozen turkey breasts. So I bought one. It's been slowly roasting in my oven since 7a and the house smells WONDERFUL!!!

. . . and I missed sleeping in an extra hour, darn it! I didn't realize it was daylight savings time last night and so woke up at my normal time (thanks, Misty and Little Missy Kitty!!). Oh well, it gave me more time to get my outdoor chores done.
I almost bought a turkey breast today too. I'm an early bird and always have been so spring forward always bugs me. I think...unless I'm confused again.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I've sent the PM to all the CDR'ers that have said they want to do card exchange. If you haven't received the PM, and you want in, let me know.
Has any thought been placed on making the card exchange a little more universal?
The TFO is worldwide and Christmas being a Christian thing...

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
That's a nice little catch up for us. Helps us get to know you better. Wally world, huh? Do you find their prices to be better than regular grocery stores? The only thing I buy there is T-paper, because I appreciate their cheapest brand as being very light weight and easier on my septic system. I'll be glad when we can post pictures again. I fear we're missing out on all the cuteness of new puppyhood.
Guess I was in a rambling mood this morning.. I am a huge fan of Walmart. Almost always, the prices are better. If there is an item that’s not priced better, it’s usually made up by some other item twice over, also like the convenience of getting most everything in one store. I don’t care for shopping much..

My phone is overloaded with puppy pics so if they get the photo issue fixed, I will have plenty to share:) I also don’t want to miss any kitten pics! I have been sitting in the recliner sharing fat free popcorn with Cinder while watching Pocahontas... but I have to get up now because son wants to make cookies.... fun but messy

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Guess I was in a rambling mood this morning.. I am a huge fan of Walmart. Almost always, the prices are better. If there is an item that’s not priced better, it’s usually made up by some other item twice over, also like the convenience of getting most everything in one store. I don’t care for shopping much..

please be very careful cleaning those panels... I hate there there is no one else to do that job...
The turkey sounds amazing today! I also missed the extra hour... there was no alarm but my body just wakes up like it does... ughhhh.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
That sounds like a wonderful relaxing day to me. Coffee with the ferrets. A new baby to play with. Older babies to outsmart too...Hope you got some bargains.
Just the necessities for me but I always take Son to the clearance isle.. he found him a lego set for $1 , normally $7...made my debit card smile

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Just the necessities for me but I always take Son to the clearance isle.. he found him a lego set for $1 , normally $7...made my debit card smile
I always check on Clarence too...you never know what could be happening at Wallly world. I use their brand name seed for parakeet, canary, and finch... sooo I have to look.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Has any thought been placed on making the card exchange a little more universal?
The TFO is worldwide and Christmas being a Christian thing...
I am not happy to share my address with people I don’t “know”

the people I “know” are in the CDR and have made themselves known to me