COLD DARK ROOM

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Cincinnati, OH
Wow....produce costs enough this time of the year, let alone ORGANIC! Can’t you find non-organic?
Been searching high and low. Place I used to get it from wont carry it if out of season. Found everything I needed in a neighboring town. They have a produce section about the size of a Dollar Tree. Humongous!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Been searching high and low. Place I used to get it from wont carry it if out of season. Found everything I needed in a neighboring town. They have a produce section about the size of a Dollar Tree. Humongous!

We’re lucky. We have a “Grand Mart” international market just a few miles up the road. It has a very large array of all kinds of fresh vegetables n produce year round, including dandelion (maybe chicory) . We buy this dandelion year round, nice firm large green leaves. Our Sully plows through a bundle pretty fast. Roughly $1.99 per pound. They also always have nice large Opuntia pads. When sully was small I would buy one pad and serve up over a week or two. The other day, I cut up four large pads - all at once, all devoured.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I work Sat-Wed this week and then cook for the wife and I on Thursday. All our family is now evenly split between Ohio and California.
It's just me for Thanksgiving. Sometimes I go to my daughter's house for Christmas dinner, but she knows I LOVE the smell of turkey roasting, and prefer to have my own Thanksgiving dinner (which, by the way, I've already had a couple weeks ago - but who's to say I can't have another?).

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, it's 7a and I've already scrubbed my toilet, swept the kitchen and prepared a big tub of greens for the tortoises. I'll wait a little longer to go outside, though, as I like to feel the sun when I'm out there. So, happy Sunday to you all. Talk later . . .

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Good morning Ray! I hope today is the start for a wonderful week with you and the family! I am thankful to know you :)
Good morning Heather, thanks for that reply.
Very helpful for where my mind is right now.
I thought in sept. my pulamary doctor was going to x-ray my right lung for any additional scarring. He decided to wait till dec. to give it more time to see if there is significant growth. I put it in the back of my mind. But my worry has resurfaced and making me anxious.
The support from you and many members here have been a tremendous help to me.:)

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
I thought in sept. my pulamary doctor was going to x-ray my right lung for any additional scarring. He decided to wait till dec. to give it more time to see if there is significant growth. I put it in the back of my mind. But my worry has resurfaced and making me anxious.
Thoughts and prayers for ya bud!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Best of luck. We’re all with you.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning all and happy Sunday... I have been at war with leaves in an effort to save my grass... I could do without a few of the trees around our house..I’ll clean out the little tortoise yards and I’ll be done with that.. for this week at least. Also Today, I’ve got to do the last of my thanksgiving grocery shopping. I’m going to cook Thursday for myself & 2 children. My Dad will join us and my “like dad” family friend. Small affair. I’ll have to clean off the dining table ( that we never use) and get my office area back in shape. I’ve let it get disastrous and it’s not very pretty.. guess it needs to be done anyway.
I'm shopping Tuesday. It's the day I have and besides that I want a small fresh turkey. If I can. Hay if you cleaned the table off everyday you'd have to clean it again and again and again...it ain't all your fault...hehehe

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
While I was waiting for stains to dry on the xmas bauble and in between sanding, I knocked together a little bird feeder based on a design of an old one we have hanging in the back garden.

The Design
View attachment 283170

The Product
View attachment 283171 View attachment 283172

I might put some stain on the outside to give the wood a little protection.
Looks good. That's so much fun... when the scraps wind up fitting together so perfectly! Its like YOU planned it all by yourself but you know you didn't plan it by yourself...

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Not enough light in our bathroom. They are staying in the dining room, plenty of light, there is just no way I'm keeping my house 80F for them. If we get some more warm days I'll take them out.
My mom gave me a cutting off her orchid cactus that she had taken 3years ago. She had put it in a small pot and stuck it in a corner of her bedroom and then forgot about it.. it is now over 3foot long and very spindled. Saddest orchid cactus ever! I'll repot it maybe the new growth will look healthier.
Picture please

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I think the Christmas cactus is closely related to the orchid cactus, the orchid cactus gets much bigger though. I think they are also known as the night blooming cactus.
If anyone wants to know what they are supposed to look like just Google them but here is a pic of mine.. sitting on my washing machine (I was worried that it couldn't handle bright light yet, so I'm slowly trying to get it used to brighter light. It's already looking greener!) I was thinking that I would just wind it around the top of the soil when I repot it. Perhaps the stem will put out roots to anchor it, then new growth will grow up and out? What do y'all think?
View attachment 283135
Oh Wow.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
It's just me for Thanksgiving. Sometimes I go to my daughter's house for Christmas dinner, but she knows I LOVE the smell of turkey roasting, and prefer to have my own Thanksgiving dinner (which, by the way, I've already had a couple weeks ago - but who's to say I can't have another?).
We don't do thanksgiving dinners here. We only do Christmas. Which is expensive enough.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good Luck Ray, although I am sure that it will all come back just fine. Holding thumbs for you.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
While I was waiting for stains to dry on the xmas bauble and in between sanding, I knocked together a little bird feeder based on a design of an old one we have hanging in the back garden.

The Design
View attachment 283170

The Product
View attachment 283171 View attachment 283172

I might put some stain on the outside to give the wood a little protection.
I like those. They are lovely. I don't put any bird feeders out, as we end up getting hundreds of pigeons who just poop all over our garden walls and the roof of my house.