COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
I thoroughly enjoyed my stuck-in-the-house-because-of-the-rain day! Watching those kittens is a real treat. They're so entertaining. And later in the evening I got a "meals-on-wheels" from my daughter. She cooked a ham and brought me a plate.
ooohhh, I love those kind of meals. Not that I get very many of them.:oops:

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I don’t think I shared these photos with you last week.

This little cutie weighed in at 140g/5oz last Friday and is unusually dark. That face would normally be a paler brown. His ears seem enormous; he has a lot of growing to do.

Today he weighed 212g/7.5oz! He isn’t half eating a lot!
View attachment 283322
View attachment 283323

On Wednesday, JoesDad and I popped over to France for the day because there was a £25 return special offer on Eurotunnel. We love closer to France than most of the UK! We drove down to the town on St Omer, about an hour from the coast, because we hadn’t been there before.

This American Civil War powder horn was in the museum. I thought some of you might find it of interest
View attachment 283324
The little hedgehog is just so cute. I would totally have one for a pet if I could. Love the Horn as well, a really nice piece of history.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Happy Friday Everyone!:):tort:
Happy Belated Thanksgiving to those who celebrated.
The feasts looked wonderful! I'm happy everyone got to spend time with loved ones.
I got to spend time with loved ones and of course overindulged on wonderful food. I was asked to make corn bread with honey, and it was
a hit. I returned home with more food than I brought :p:D
I am very grateful to be part of my TFO family.

The weather here is cold, windy, and rainy. The wind was so strong last night that it snapped one of the big limps off of one of my Ash trees. Thankfully, Shelly was in her heated box, and the limp didn't break the sliding glass door. I have another project..View attachment 283325 View attachment 283327 View attachment 283327
Oh, That is lucky that it did not do any damage. Good luck with the new project.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Someone earlier had asked for books that are tortoise related and I remembered this one:

https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/esio-trot-by-tidgys-dad.159608/

I thought it would be a shame to lose it, so I edited it to remove the comments that occurred in between the segments, and I stickied it. I thoroughly enjoyed re-reading it, and realize what a shame it is for us to not have the pleasure of Adam's company anymore.
I know I miss Adams sense of humour.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Well, I'm in for the day. Thursday I bought a very small portion ham and I think I'll cook that for lunch. Not quite time yet for lunch, but I can get it and the potatoes started.

When I made the first fire of the winter in the wood stove I put down a couple rags for Misty to lay by the fire.

View attachment 283412
Wow, Misty has split into two and looks soooooo much younger!!:D:D

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Cold dark & raining here, just kind of Wintry looking. Leaves mostly down now, our back garden looking bare except for bright red spots where our Burning Bushes are located. They look great.

Two newly made Christmas tree baubles for our tree. The painted one needs a final coat of lacquer & the plain wooden one received it’s first coating a few minutes ago. Ive just trued up another blank for tree No. 3

View attachment 283417
Love them.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
AND that is me all caught up again. One of our companies courier drivers was ill for the last two weeks, and as a result we were down to only one driver, so I was having to help out with the logging of his jobs etc. working through lunch etc just to keep up on helping them and doing my own job as well. Hence me not being here very much, but then I think that you guys are getting used to me having to disappear for a while. Anyway I only have two more weeks then I am on holiday for 11 working days. Yay, I really cannot wait, as I am now really very tired. We are just having beautiful sunny days and my torts are all loving it. As the little ones Or I should say the teenagers are loving it. I am actually thinking of maybe leaving them out at night as well, as it is certainly warm enough for them to stay out. But I just need a little bit more time to think about it and decide if it will be a good thing.

Happy Thanks Giving to everybody who celebrate it. I hope that you all had a good time.

Saturday my cards were posted and hopefully don't take too long to get to you all. And as said earlier, I will be opening all my cards that I have already received so far and will post a pic of them once I am done.

Here is to everyone having an awesome Monday.
upload_2019-12-2_10-26-27.png

upload_2019-12-2_10-25-43.png

Bambam1989

East Texas
Good mornooning roommates! It's been a busy day, so I almost forgot to open my first Christmas card.

The first to arrive was one from @Bambam1989

View attachment 283424

I love it!

Brandy, did you do the Yellow Billed Hornbill picture? It's beautiful! <3
Yes. GB Lashell is my art signature. I did a random sketch to put in each card. It was a great exercise, and I got to try a few techniques out

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I hope you managed to survive it. We had Black Friday here as well. And Traffic was awesome coming in to work. There must have been a lot of people who took off for Black Friday. I don't do the black Friday simply because it makes a person buy stuff that you would not normally buy just because it is cheaper when in actual fact you are spending money that you don't have and would never have bought anyway.
and the stores are probably just getting rid of old, outdated inventory!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I hope you managed to survive it. We had Black Friday here as well. And Traffic was awesome coming in to work. There must have been a lot of people who took off for Black Friday. I don't do the black Friday simply because it makes a person buy stuff that you would not normally buy just because it is cheaper when in actual fact you are spending money that you don't have and would never have bought anyway.
I'm still here so I did survive it...surprisingly I had fun. I got the 2 things I wanted for cheap cheap. All the people in line with me were fun to be with and helpful to each other. The couple in front of me held my wall hanging in their cart so I didn't have to carry it. I wanted it for our Christmas card exchange. But I'll use it all year for years to come. I can display new photos, cards, and such stuff. There was only one that had enough spaces for what I wanted and I'm the one that found it. I was blessed.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
AND that is me all caught up again. One of our companies courier drivers was ill for the last two weeks, and as a result we were down to only one driver, so I was having to help out with the logging of his jobs etc. working through lunch etc just to keep up on helping them and doing my own job as well. Hence me not being here very much, but then I think that you guys are getting used to me having to disappear for a while. Anyway I only have two more weeks then I am on holiday for 11 working days. Yay, I really cannot wait, as I am now really very tired. We are just having beautiful sunny days and my torts are all loving it. As the little ones Or I should say the teenagers are loving it. I am actually thinking of maybe leaving them out at night as well, as it is certainly warm enough for them to stay out. But I just need a little bit more time to think about it and decide if it will be a good thing.

Happy Thanks Giving to everybody who celebrate it. I hope that you all had a good time.

Saturday my cards were posted and hopefully don't take too long to get to you all. And as said earlier, I will be opening all my cards that I have already received so far and will post a pic of them once I am done.

Here is to everyone having an awesome Monday.
View attachment 283428

View attachment 283427
Actually, I always miss it when everyone is mia...but I know people's lives are busy and they'll be back yakking when they are able. The CDR is addictive.hehehe