COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
You all will recall my fossil hunting trips during end of Summer/early Autumn. My friend who lives near the good collection spots routinely finds really nice sharks teeth. She has a friend that turns them into jewelry.

Look at these new necklaces!

View attachment 285141
Wow, They are really stunning. I love seeing other peoples talent at work.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hi everyone, the bad news is that weekend is nearly over again, but the good news is the next one is only 5 days away!
Hope everyone has had a good couple of days.
Mine has been pretty uneventful but enjoyable.
Next weekend I'll be doing the annual RSPB garden bird survey, and I have quite a lot popping in to my feeding stations at the moment.
I was going to do it last year, but that was the weekend I was hit the by car and ended up in hospital. Can't believe that anniversary has come around already!
Hopefully I'll get through this year in one piece!
Note to yourself, ......don't go crossing any roads. Order everything in and just stay in your garden and count birds!!!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
My sister sent me this birthday card - because she likes to buy me tort related gifts and cards
View attachment 285149

So last week I was telling my family about Lola flashing and how it was disgusting but impressive given the ratio of it to his size...................my family think I need to get out more!:rolleyes:
Whahaha

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Oh is that a pic of you? Grandkids are good. I am looking for a house to rent up in Michigan for a month or two. So I can spend some time with them and of course go salmon fishing on lake Michigan. Mother in law has been in the Philippines since oct. She will return next month.
For me the battle continues. My leg stump has swelled up. I can't get my leg on. I have a chronic blood clot in the leg. Going to the doctors today so I can get a order to have a doppler ultrasound done. Keto diet is still going good but I can't weigh myself without my prosthetic leg on. My clothes are fitting a little better so I think I am losing weight. My prosthetic leg weighs about 12 lbs. So I just deduct that from the weight.
Oh No Ray, tell your leg to get with the program and get better now.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hey everyone! I've had an exciting day and just wanted to share! We found a place that we like, all this searching and we finally find a usable chunk of land that has a wonderful home and good barns. Of course there is a catch, it's slightly more than what we were hoping, which throws us short for the down payment and there are two other interested parties:eek:. It may literally turn into a race to see who can come up with the money first! I suddenly wish I knew some private investorso_O
Good Luck, I hope that lady luck smiles on you and you get the place. I will hold thumbs for you.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Wow and the iguanas are pretty big in that area. They'll be calling it an invasion of large reptiles but they are poor released pet shop critters.
mmmm Your comment made me think of that terrible movie where the shark fall from the sky and eat people. I replaced the sharks with the iguana's.:D

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
So this is me signing out for a couple of months. I am through security and waiting for my flight.

Look after yourselves and your four and two legged families. Do what you’re told by @Yvonne G ;) See you in March :)
Sorry I missed you and I hope that you have an awesome time. Until we not see each other again have fun.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
G’day All.

We are off to Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge again this morning. I saw some twitter reports that there are 1000’s of Snow Geese grazing on the fields there.

Pix from last time.
View attachment 285261
OOhhhhh some more lovely photos coming our way. Looking forward to them.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
AAANNNNDDDDD I have finally caught up with all of you. Looks like you guys have been have a good year so far. Other than falling iguana's and snow and snoring etc. etc.

nothing much has changed on my side. Except that I am on a mission to go green this year and have all these wonderful ideas. (which hubby is cursing me for) as it just gives him more work.

My water tank is being delivered today and a load of compost as well. so I will be able to fill in all the tyres and get going with my veggie garden. I hope that everything grows nicely for me and that my veggies will taste nice. oh well if you don't try then you will never succeed. I will let you know how it goes.