COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I never heard that! I was always taught by the shape of their head???? At any rate, I don’t want to get it even if they are not poisonous so I’m very careful:) I have learned the hard way having grown up in the marsh.
How did you catch and release? That's interesting. Maybe moving them once talks them into staying away from humans next time.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Good evening! I bit the bullet today and started the build on Crushers yard.. We modified Torettos 4x8 box to a double. Now I am building the divider fence and expanding to add a second yard on next to The existing one... luckily the box was in the far back corner so it isn’t going to take a lot...Toretto is a bit pissy with me at the moment.. the existing door on the box is the one that is now on Crushers side and Toretto got the new door and ramp so that he could stay in the yard he is used to.. he does not like the change!

View attachment 290095 I also found the first really big snake;-) Looked non venomous so I caught him and moved him to a location a bit farther away from me...
No cool snakes here :confused:

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good evening! I bit the bullet today and started the build on Crushers yard.. We modified Torettos 4x8 box to a double. Now I am building the divider fence and expanding to add a second yard on next to The existing one... luckily the box was in the far back corner so it isn’t going to take a lot...Toretto is a bit pissy with me at the moment.. the existing door on the box is the one that is now on Crushers side and Toretto got the new door and ramp so that he could stay in the yard he is used to.. he does not like the change!

View attachment 290095 I also found the first really big snake;-) Looked non venomous so I caught him and moved him to a location a bit farther away from me...

Thats quite the snake!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Good morning, still need to catch up. Gonna find the post of Heather's snake.
Well the fence is done!
20200407_183959.jpg20200407_183933.jpg20200407_190628.jpg20200407_190651.jpg
20200407_190546.jpg

5' above the ground 2' in the ground.
Hopefully it might slow Opo down. ?

Last edited:

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Really nice! Opo won’t know what to do with himself..
How’s the new Leg workin out? Are you strolling yet?
Thanks Heather, I will be walking on my leg in the next few days.
Rose has to help me put a liner on my stump before the leg. It is like a thick neoprene liner. There is a little effort to put on.
Rose just had 5 injections in her lower back. 2 in L4, 2 in L5 and 1 in S1. She should be ready today or tomorrow. I am not able to do it because it takes 2 arms. I tried with my prosthetic arm but can't get it on all the way.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Good morning, still need to catch up. Gonna find the post of Heather's snake.
Well the fence is done!
View attachment 290124View attachment 290125View attachment 290126View attachment 290127
View attachment 290128

5' above the ground 2' in the ground.
Hopefully it might slow Opo down. ?

Fence looks good @Ray--Opo ! Lots of space, hopefully Opo won’t pace right along the fence line. Any plans for a wooden border along the bottom foot or so? Nice cactus too, just send any broken bits up north!

now, what about around the shed - whats the plan for around the base?

do you have an inground irrigation system there? I know some properties do, some don’t.

Good luck with all your projects. Next..an inground wading pool for Opo! ?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
You two really are an
Thanks Heather, I will be walking on my leg in the next few days.
Rose has to help me put a liner on my stump before the leg. It is like a thick neoprene liner. There is a little effort to put on.
Rose just had 5 injections in her lower back. 2 in L4, 2 in L5 and 1 in S1. She should be ready today or tomorrow. I am not able to do it because it takes 2 arms. I tried with my prosthetic arm but can't get it on all the way.

You two really are an inspiration! You tell Rose that I think about her and pray for you both. I’m glad to know you even if it is only online!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Man it’s muggy out. Yuck. The dandelions are out in full bloom.....we’re out to pick a bucket full. Soooooon, in a few days, Sully will come outside for the rest of the Summer! Can’t wait. We have a few cold, blustery days in the forecast. But, it’s time!

Did some tweaking on my newest cobbled together fountain. Water was seeping out the bottom drain hole...thought duct tape would be ok, guess not. So, some waterproof epoxy to plug it up. Drilled some additional holes, picked up some riverstone to fill the basin. Ive relocated it to our back deck...all hooked up. Waiting to add the water ‘giving time for all epoxy/silicone to dry.

Earlier..we moved our MONSTER Elephant Ears from our sunroom out to the front porch. They grew all Winter long in their pots & will now enjoy fresh air, dappled sun & shade.

ok...off for dandelions. Stay safe. Stay strong. Stay from Strangers (and tigers).

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Ohmygosh the humidity with the heat is HORRIBLE here today! Did I say that my new tortoise yard wouldn’t take much?? I’M an idiot!! It is surrounded by dense thick foliage that allows for no sunlight.. only moss covers the ground... so I have been cutting trees for hours!! The sweat is OUTRAGOUS!!