COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Big news....today is our Sully’s 6th birthday. Yep, now its POOPS are larger than she was, having arrived in a wee little tupperware container all the way from California!

And....40 years ago today I first started working for the US government at the Library of Congress! Wow, time flies.
A Very Happy Birthday Sully. And congratulations Mark.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Everyone seems to be safe and sound.
Stay well and take care, Roommates.:)
I'm off out to do some fencing practice with Tidgy.
(the sport, not putting up fences in the garden.)
I would think the fence in the garden would be better than the sport. Hi there Adam. I hope wifey and Tidgy are safe and well.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I know what you mean about the waist line. I had to laugh, my cat heard the video with the babies, and had to come to my computer. She was sniffing the computer screen trying to see where these babies were.

And shame the little blue ti*** is really young. Will it survive being that young?
Yes, hopefully . We raised them from smaller than that last year. No guarantees obviously :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Everyone seems to be safe and sound.
Stay well and take care, Roommates.:)
I'm off out to do some fencing practice with Tidgy.
(the sport, not putting up fences in the garden.)
Lovely to not see you Adam. How’s her chess coming on? Is she still beating you? Or is spending too much time on basketball these days?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Pool hell...
That pool looks heavenly!!
Pool hell...look at that lagoon...that's hard livin there...lol
I'm being punished today...yesterday I was bragging about our 80 degree days...today it's 55 and been raining so hard and for so long I'm thinking there's an ark on the way...

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I would love to...I am so sick of the rain...and my Sulcata are being fussy about their grass...there's moss growing thru it and the torts don't like it...it won't go away until the weather dries up....
Poor torts. And poor you. Tell you what. I will send you our sunshine and you send me the rain.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
The warm to hot weather is on the horizon here in Maryland. Next Thursday COULD be our first 90 F degree day. So, ice this week, but sweltering soon. Ive been cleaning our Sullys outdoor heated nightbox up & getting it ready. Problem is i use the same Kane heat pad, so need to keep that in place.
Ours is supposed to be in the 70's. That'll probably be Saphire's first day out or soon after. It's weird that you had ice and I barely had frost. Even though we had frost or freeze warnings, we really didn't get much where I am.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Well I am all caught up again. And glad to see that everyone is still around, safe and healthy. We have been having nice sunny days but today it seems the weather is a changin. It seems to be getting colder, although I was just wondering last night about it, as we are supposed to be in winter and we have yet to have a decent amount of rain. I really hope that the rain starts coming otherwise we will be on lockdown and strict water restrictions next year.

Did you see that Dan has another hatchling? He recognized you as a field agent in the successful gathering of information!!! Love that thread;-)

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Big news....today is our Sully’s 6th birthday. Yep, now its POOPS are larger than she was, having arrived in a wee little tupperware container all the way from California!

And....40 years ago today I first started working for the US government at the Library of Congress! Wow, time flies.

Happy Birthday Miss Sully!!! Don’t forget to post the birthday feast;-)
And happy anniversary ... I think;-)

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning! I cleaned tortoise boxes yesterday:) son has been taking advantage of the pool ( and Cinder too ) but it’s still too cold for me! It’s our night time temps that have been unpredictable here. Days are consistent low 80’s but the drops at night have been significant. Looks like they are stabilizing this week and should remain in the 60’s (instead of the 40’s).View attachment 294178
It would be really hard for me to keep a straight face with Cinder around. Her face is too adorable.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Wow. Congrats on both. Yes time flies when you're having fun. Even if it's like a teeter totter.?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I would love to...I am so sick of the rain...and my Sulcata are being fussy about their grass...there's moss growing thru it and the torts don't like it...it won't go away until the weather dries up....
I’ve got a lot of moss coming in... the picture is a good portion of Crushers yard. There’s a huge cypress tree that’s blocking the sun! It’s all these dang trees!!! I trimmed what I could but I actually have someone coming tomorrow to do some cutting... that will help a lot with all my connection issues too..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well I am all caught up again. And glad to see that everyone is still around, safe and healthy. We have been having nice sunny days but today it seems the weather is a changin. It seems to be getting colder, although I was just wondering last night about it, as we are supposed to be in winter and we have yet to have a decent amount of rain. I really hope that the rain starts coming otherwise we will be on lockdown and strict water restrictions next year.
Sending you what I can.⛄☔?